or Connect

Posts by applky

^ Looks like the burgundy Stark I have, also from two years ago.     It doesn't work if you click "Measurements" at the bottom of the product page? It's all text, I think -- no images.
  Or my laptop screen! Color looks more correct on my iPhone.    Good call on the lizard. Looks excellent either way.
From the SF front page, Carmina at Pitti:     http://www.styleforum.net/t/330739/lightbox/post/6035141/id/632450   Of note: Aligator (?) dub monk and captoe bal down toward the right look incredible and incredibly wearable. Midnight/dark blue tassel loafer looks very handsome middle right; looks shell-ish. Nice specs in the middle, too. Also, I'd take that suede chukka in a sleeker last over the Alden equivalent any day... Maybe snuff suede for spring?
^ I think one of the Fitzgerald wingtip models is a little more versatile, but that's due to my preference for a full brogue over a semi-brogue. Regardless, any wingtip -- either the Fitzgerald or the Alt Wien is going to nicely walk the line between dressy and casual.   Actually, a wingtip boot is probably the most versatile shoe you can have. Plenty of Steinbecks/Sinclairs to choose from, too.
^^ All kindsa blue NYR! Nice.
^ Not really rolling -- more folding. But in any case not sewn for rivet chinos.   And, of course, the real thing for Walts.
^ Kabbaz and Kelley always seem to have them. HY has better prices, of course, and is a forum guy, but his selection isn't quite as encyclopedic. HY does have a bunch of birdseyes right now, though, which are fantastic. Some just came today for me, in fact:      
  Marcoliani makes amazing tan and brown herringbone socks (the merino ones). Uncle Mac would know if he has any non-argyle socks, which seems dubious.
  Pics of this are of course mandatory.
  You can just treat them like grey pants. Blue or white OCBD, gingham shirts, they'll work.