or Connect

Posts by applky

In my experience with numerous Walts of all different types and weights of fabrics, Epaulet's trousers don't stretch.
Nice shirts and great prices! Wish you had some size 15/38. GLWS!
I would also like to know how they turned out. Are sunken toe plates loud as everyone says? I thought the idea of the sunken plates (flush with the sole) was that they wouldn't be so loud. Is this not the case?   I imagine it must depend on the individual shoe's last shape...
^ Some cobbler in DC is famed for doing sunken metal toe plates at a reasonable price, but the name of the establishment escapes me.   In any case, B. Nelson will do this as well. Testimonials here.   EDIT: I believe the DC place I'm thinking of is either Sky Valet or a place recommended by Sky Valet. Regardless, B. Nelson is well thought of, and at $30-$35, reasonably priced.
^ I only have the swatch -- or rather had. It's gone now. But I think it's a common tie -- some other SF member will have one.
Those are so awesome. They're beautiful and fully lined -- like a wearable furnace.   I'm a true 31, and after flirting with buying 31s for a couple of years, I'm back on the 32 bandwagon. I just like having a tad bit of additional room for tucking in shirts, and always wear a belt with my chinos, jeans, and trousers. (Although with denim I size down because of The Dreaded Stretch.)   With the Walts, I'd encourage sizing up to a 32. Cotton trousers, when taken out, can...
  QFT.
  Seriously that looks great -- perfect for the Sunday after St. Patrick's Day! Although I wonder if the trou and socks aren't just a tad dark for those shoes. Perhaps it's the photo, though.
^ For the reddish one, I'd recommend the burgundy. It has a touch of purple in it, which is wonderful.
^ So the internet has reached Vermont, finally.   As I said in the other thread, very much looking forward to next Friday, Ed.