or Connect

Posts by applky

Someone should def pick up that Geelong. Bought it at full price myself and would do it again. Probably my favorite piece I picked up this past season.
I follow PTO's instructions for dealing with salt stains on shoes, but had a question about salt on trousers. Sometimes my trouser hem will get salt on it, and yesterday the back of an entire trouser leg got salted when I walked too close to a parked car. Is brushing the salt off enough, or should I take the trousers to the dry cleaners? The trousers in question are the Navy Lambswool Flannel Walts -- one of my faves.   Also looking forward to everything this spring.
Yeah I have the Black Grape Marl and have had it for 2.5 years or so (from whenever they introduced it). I've dry cleaned it maybe once and it looks practically new. One time when I walked into the store with it on, James briefly thought I had picked a new one out from the display to buy. It's a hearty piece. You should get a lot of wear out of it.
^ Great sweater. Is it not too close in color to your chinos, though?
 Avoid wearing Aldens or other nice shoes for the time being. Chicago is a great town, but it does a poor job of removing snow and shoveling its sidewalks. Not only will your shoes get salty, but they may also get soaked. I was in Chicago recently and was glad I hadn't brought anything nicer than Indy boots, which I had to dry out and de-salt every night.
A self-serving post here, but FYI all just put a few J. Crew sweaters up for sale. Link in my sig. Thanks!
 Which Shetland cardigan are you talking about? I have several -- one of which I've had for 2+ years -- and, like you, I dry clean once in a blue moon and it's turned out fine.
Wore one of the original cashmere ties you did yesterday -- brown LP donegal cashmere. A classic, and an original. Always great to wear that tie and be reminded of YHNT's first collections.   Looking forward to the spring wares!
RELISTED HERE: PLEASE USE THIS CLASSIFIED: http://www.styleforum.net/t/378729/staples-ties-pocket-square-closet-cleaning-drakes-gitman-jcrizzle     All items ship with free USPS Priority Mail in the U.S. (lower priced items may go first class), with free tracking and Priority insurance. International shipping available at cost. All payments via Paypal, please. First to pay gets the items. And as always, feel free to PM with questions.     1. Up for sale is a NWOT...
All items ship with free USPS Priority Mail in the U.S. International shipping available at cost. All payments via Paypal, please. First to pay gets the items. And as always, feel free to PM with questions.   Up for sale are three J. Crew cashmere and merino V-neck sweaters and cardigan from either this fall or last. Great sweaters, only worn once or twice. All in great condition and basically new. All are size Small -- a slim Medium in most other brands -- with...