or Connect

Posts by applky

Alden wingtip boots are great, and the way Mike and co do the Brixton is perfect -- Barrie last with all eyelets (I've always thought that the Barrie is a great boot last first and foremost). The burgundy calf and natural cxl Brixton are really terrific too. The Sinclair is just a tad sleeker, and the silhouette is different. Mostly, though, I like Camina's shell shades better. Saddle and burgundy shell are just stunning.   They're both fantastic -- not a bad choice to...
^ You don't wear yours often? I wear mine constantly. They're excellent, although I like the Carmina version (the Sinclair) even better...
Great stuff here! Hoping for some size 48 restocks...
^ For the navy bal, it seems like a matching/dark edge would be best.   However! A burgundy or dark green calf version seems like a natural fit for a lighter/antiqued/brown edgetrim...   Dark green calf, anyone?
^ "Media." Gosh.   Yeah the suede/brown calf combo looks terrific.
  Agreed re not buttoning the top button. It looks good enough that I'd absolutely pick up the matching trousers to make it a suit.
  If that's the case, then if you hand wash it you'll want to shape it a bit when it's wet. Or dry clean -- but only with someone who you know will do a great job. I think Mike has lots of opinions about fabric care -- he or Matt probably know most about this particular wool.
  Fine merino knits actually do tend to contract a little when you wash them, but that's different than shrinkage (temporary vs. permanent). It's typical, in my experience, to have them tighten up on you and then stretch back out to the normal size after a wear or two. When it's wet, be careful not to stretch it out before it dries, though, and dry it flat. You should be A-OK.
Under 60 degrees in NYC, so I broke out the purple shetlands -- been waiting for an excuse to wear them. They're surprisingly soft for a chunky shetland tweed!   I own around 15 pairs of walts, 5 of which are tweeds. Need a 12-step program for tweed pants.
Actually what am I talking about -- I'd totally wear white dub monks.