or Connect

Posts by applky

Los Paisanos is one of the absolute best. No experience with their very exotic meats, but they're actually semi-famous for their venison (as famous as you can be for venison at all). Go for it.
I wear boots with suits and more formal clothing all the time. Carmina lasts are perfect for them. They should be versatile. Refer to NAMOR's post: http://yolowastaken.tumblr.com/post/26180542031/what-to-wear-with-navy-colored-shoes
^ It's what Alden is good at.   Neutrino, I'm also looking forward to receiving the Cigar LWB -- in 2014, or so. (You also did the Leydon last special order earlier this year? That's what I mean.)
^ Mike are the cavalry twills in the current Factory Finds the same/similar to the grey cavalry twill that you offered a couple of falls ago? I seem to remember those being cotton. Are the current ones (the gunmetal cavalry twill, for instance) going to have much sheen and/or contrast in the weave?
^ That welt is not to be trifled with.
^ Rivet chino size 31.
  That was for a shell cordovan bal boot. Calf is less, I believe.
  +1. Go for a 32. It's easier to bring a trouser in than let it out (although with the Walts, it's of course possible to do both).     Mike, quick question about the Factory Finds cavalry twills. I'm noticing that they're wool. Was the medium grey cavalry twill you had in the Walt a FWs ago cotton or wool? I seem to remember it being cotton.   Are these fabrics similar, or will there be more contrast/more sheen on them?   Wish I could check out the swatches in person but...
Congrats SVB!! That's wonderful news!
^ Re your Carminas, I'm a 10.5D TTS, 10D in the Barrie, a 9.5UK in most Carminas, but took a 9UK for the double monks since I wear them with loafer socks/no socks. Some people do that -- it's up to personal preference.   Glad to hear your Oxford rivet sizing experiment worked out. Mine did wind up being cut slightly slimmer than my other new rivets (and I got my Oxford rivets a while ago). I think lighter fabrics just make up a big snugger, like the linen for Walts.