Posts by applky

^ It's not always mandatory but it almost always looks good.
 Haha, looking to poach one? Spoo has a few pics of his on his tumblr, but you'll have to go digging.
^ Not my style, but you pull that off very well. Is the suit black?
I'd get the Luigi Bianchi Mantova SC and match with lightweight wool trousers. Most summer weddings usually are casual enough for this.
Making good on my promise from earlier, this is the tie @dieworkwear posted in the wild. A phone pic, but you can see the knot is not huge.     Love this tie. Knot is a FIH.
The gentle, substantial arch of the Gitman Ashland cutaway collar. The love affair continues.     (Both points always touch the body. My posture and neck were just off because I took the pic myself. SVB this was the shirt I read you as wearing in your previous pic.)
 I have the turquoise-grey and it's great.
 Mark Cho's knot is, I think, the easiest way to modify your knot to get more volume without going overboard (the DFIH looks a tad overboard to me).  I hate these arguments but I will say that the original post referenced probably would have looked better with a dimple, hence the comment. Agreed that a dimple is not always mandatory, though.
 Off topic but definitely interested to hear how you fare with the Paul Smith no shows. If you remember, you can PM me. Thanks for the info!
 I am wearing this tie today. It's wonderful. Will try to take a picture later.