or Connect

Posts by applky

^ That also seems pretty reasonable.
^ Because Epaulet doesn't make size 35 pants. El Argentino, FWIW I also think that the pants look great on you, even if they are a tad tight in the seat. Letting the seat out might be a good option. Do they feel tight elsewhere? From your photos the seat appears to be the only issue. Letting out the waist and the seat would be simple for a good tailor.
  I got an early WvG before-dinner shirt and they have long since adjusted the fit, so I don't think I could compare the two fits in detail that accurately. Taking the same size in both is still the best bet, taking a quick look at the measurements. In general my impression is that WvG is going more for a skinny BoO fit and Epaulet's is more athletic. I enjoy wearing my Epaulet and Ashland shirts more. They sit much better on your shoulders.
  FYI I also wear the same size in WvG before dinner and Epaulet shirting -- a Medium in both.
^ He pulls it off really well. Maybe it's that particular fit pic.
^ Over the years the Westpoint has gotten less skinny and has moved toward a slim-ish fit that's closer to the Rivet Chino. The Westpoint still has a slightly lower rise than the Rivet and narrower leg -- and a much shorter inseam (though not as short as FW10, which was I think 31" or something crazy like that). I haven't found it as comfortable to wear or as well constructed as the Rivets, so I've never kept a pair I've ordered, and haven't found it to be worth the...
^ Please do post pics. Sounds excellent.
^ Midnight calfskin jodphur with a grey suede strap. Silver buckle. Single or double leather sole. Flat welt.   NAMOR?
This New Yorker article (subscriber only, unfortunately) about Aida Batlle is really interesting for anyone looking to learn more about "new wave" or "third wave" coffee from a production perspective.
^ I was about to be very impressed. But mid-November is still pretty great.   Finally got my first pair of Carminas -- the last pair of caramel double monks before the restock -- and am thrilled with them. Tongue pads, no socks, good to go.