or Connect

Posts by applky

Nice timepiece with the fleece onesie! Love the Reigning Champ hoodie (or just fleece zip-up?) especially.  Right, totally different places -- the Oishii in Chestnut Hill is just a tiny sushi bar. (And I'm not talking at all about the South End Oishii, which is mediocre in my experience.) But absolutely O Ya has been on my radar. However, Tim Cushman opened up a New York location of O Ya this past summer and it got very tepid reviews, so I haven't been rushing to either....
@wigglr Glad you're another Oishii fan!   @Epaulet Mike, would you say the Midnight Seed Stitch fabric is a true dark navy, or is there any color variegation in there? Looks fairly similar to the Luigi Bianchi midnight tweed I picked up a few months ago, so just wondering. Also, how's the weight? Wondering how warm I could wear it in our NYC jungle heat.   Last question: is the "unconstructed shoulder" in the EFF the new lightweight Southwick with slightly wider...
  [[SPOILER]]@wigglr No not in the area but I used to be. (I'm in NYC.) Will be back up for a week or so in a few months. Thanks for the great words about Alden & Harlow and the other spots, though! Have to take some eaters with very high standards out so it's good to know. My understanding is that Craigie on Main was the catalyst for a lot of the new place s in the Boston area, but TBH I liked it better when it was the Craigie Street Bistro, in a little space in the...
Which restaurant? Some great places have come into Cambridge over the past decade or so.Also dry cleaning denim and other cotton pants can really depend on where you live and your feelings on cotton trousers. There's a world class dry cleaner a 10-minute walk from my home that charges $5 to dry clean denim, and another place nearby is $3. That I think is cheap for dry cleaning and worth the small upcharge from regular laundry to keep all my cotton pants from fading --...
Hmm, thoughts all? I'm by a very good dry cleaners but can also wash gently. I just don't want the fit or color to change. I'm just concerned that either one might remove dye from the jacket.When in doubt my instinct is to dry clean. Any downside to this?Ahh, a cleaning Q I can answer! I have washed and dry cleaned my Wilshire Ring Rings. If you haven't washed them before, I'd do a cold very gentle cycle alone. If you care a lot about the fades, take them to a good dry...
Has anyone washed their moleskin field jacket yet? Wondering how it reacted to water (any fading?). I stood next to an outdoor wood-burning stove the other night at a restaurant for a few hours and my coat smells like a campfire, so probably time for a wash. Cold/gentle cycle and hang dry, of course, but wondering how others' have reacted to the same treatment.   Also am jonesing for the lightweight fabrics over this a-way.
This is a bad time to be boarding a five-hour flight with no wifi
Mike, how similar is the tonal boggy POW to the Boggy Herringbone HT that you MTO'ed this past fall?
 I wear my overshirt like this all the time. It's an ideal middle layer, just like a sweater. During the very warm fall on the East Coast, I also wore it as light outerwear. So it's great all around. Crazy that it made it to the sale section at all. Happy New Year all!
Uh, when and where? So in.