or Connect

Posts by applky

Thanks! Will post photos when they come in. The folks at the Orchard St store might just take photos of those shirts anyway since I'm local to them. NYC is hot enough that the TM irregular blue would likely be wearable-ish. And I actually tend to wear "spring/summer" shirts underneath sweaters during cold weather to avoid overheating, but tend not to do that with linen... so 3-ply might be the ticket. Ironically given all the collar talk above, I'm debating whether or not...
 Do post pics of the curved collar when you get it! It is difficult to go outside here without melting. With all this posting and opining, I figure I should share what I actually got, so, my recent orders: DJA Sea Island 170s Navy Cross Check (X59NBC-Z)This done in LL Artisan collar, mitered cuff, V-stitch pocket Brevanna Peached Twill Oak & Navy Gingham (S69TKC-L)Canclini Melton Brushed Cotton Mocha Houndstooth (V91TBK-O)Canclini Melton Brushed Cotton Navy Houndstooth...
 I completely understand what you're saying, but I have a different perspective on it. For me, once I figured out what kinds of collars really work well for my narrow face -- wide spreads/cutaways for dress, large-ish BDs for casual, and either for "crossover" -- I've found it so great to be able to have those reliably at my beck and call, just like a precise, dialed-in fit on a garment. I totally get the urge to experiment; it's just that for me, I tend to do that more...
  Ladies Love Light Lining would be a great name for a #menswear hip-hop group. (Just gotta make sure James Todd Smith isn't in a litigious mood.) Call me old fashioned but I love the Individualized button down collar for a casual shirt. I got three Fall 2016 shirts done with this collar. This being said, I have the Artisan with LLLining in some shirts and it's an incredible collar if you either (1) have a dressy fabric, or (2) have any fabric with a medium-scale pattern,...
 So true. That is going to be one amazing sweater.
The Steamed Milk Cotton-Linen Walts are simply amazing.
Haha, I'm just joshin'. And thanks! It's a great tie. Wear early and often.
 I only had to size up on the Blue Steel Oxford Cloth rivets, which ran small. I'm a 32 waist in Walts and Driggs and that fits great in the solid waistband rivet, both Cramertons and others.
In the meantime, and as a thank you to Gerald, a recent Vanda fit. Nearly all linen and hopsack for a very hot week last week (hand in pocket to rumple linen and provoke fit critiques):       Green houndstooth pure linen tie   (Non Vanda are Southwick, Gitman, and Hertling for Epaulet.)
 Thanks for this Gerald. Order placed. Went classic with Navy and Chocolate shantungs, and rounded out with the Peacocks and Peonies square. So glad the shantungs worked out, and so quickly. Thanks sincerely for responding so strongly to your customers, and the ringleader/rabblerouser of movement shantung here. Looking forward!