or Connect

Posts by applky

Not to belabor this, but I think the thing that bugs me about the fit is not really how the jacket's length seems on the more traditional side whereas everything else is very cropped (and very well done in that respect). Even the sleeve width and lapel width of the jacket are very slim. I wonder if you wouldn't look more natural if you relaxed the dimensions a half inch or an inch in every direction. I'm also quite tall and slim, but find that erring on the slim side of...
 Quality isn't great. I wouldn't pay more than $100 for one of their cashmere sweaters. I honestly prefer their merino but they don't do that cable knit in merino. In my experience the solid color cashmeres have a softer hand to them than the heathered colors. I'd also expect the sweater to stretch about one size after a decent amount of wear.
@bkotsko that Color 8 is crazy light. They must have finished it very naturally. Most Alden color 8 is nearly black when it starts out.  I'm a true 37 (which it sounds like you might be close to), and wear a 36 LBM/Luigi Bianchi, and a 37 in Mike's Southwick stuff, and the 38 Samuelsohn fits me very well. I tried on that jacket the other day in store and it's gorgeous and fits me great. If you have any desire for an incredible summer SC -- I'm full up on those that at the...
Up for sale is an original Temple of Jawnz A2 bomber jacket in brown calfskin. Calling this a staple would be accurate, but would also vastly underestimate how beautiful the jacket is and how meticulous the craftsmanship is. Leather jacket season is just around the corner, and this is exactly the way to start it off right. The jacket is made of a gorgeous, top-shelf brown calfskin that surpasses many reputable bootmakers in terms of quality. This is also a second edition...
 I know I know I know. I'm also wearing it today with seersucker Walt shorts. The fabric really softened up after the second wash.
For the grey shirt, a twisted yarn/heathered would be great. Most heathered grey shirts out there are awful polyester blends.
 Congratulations!!
Two more new Vandas:       Blue-Red striped linen-silk Japanese grenadine tie Vibrant Gardens kimono silk PS
Summer Hopsacks   Southwick navy hopsack Napoli SCPale grey hopsack/fresco WaltsAshland/Keystone cutaway collar MTO shirt  [[SPOILER]]
 Mike discussed it on the previous page. They're close-ish but still working on it.  Thanks! Those Juniper Linen Walts are the truth.