Posts by applky

@sprout2 agreed with @ericgereghty. Those crepe ties are a great way to do a non-warm-weather tie that's not excessively heavy, and one that looks solid but reveals color variation and texture up close.   A few queries of my own: does anyone have the Olive Basketweave or either of the Birdseye Melange fabrics? Wondering how those are, especially how the Birdseye Melange knot, and whether the Olive Basketweave could be a four-season tie. I have the Apricot Basketweave and...
There's no notch in the lapel. Part of the style, and I quite like it. Also you guys realize that if Mike can get a good tobacco wool hopsack for the jacket it could cost a fortune. And there are minimums to think of.
 Same size, and I did find that they ran just a slight hair slimmer but that was back in 2013. I'd ask Mike what he thinks about how they'd turn out now. Can't imagine it'd be that different but if you're on the cusp of two sizes it's worth inquiring, or just sizing up to be safe.  Wow, the Teba is amazing. Didn't expect to love it so much, but there you go. So deeply in for either a Teba or Vittorio in this linen. AND...  Yes yes a tobacco hopsack Teba. It'd cost a...
I want to plug the indigo and olive linen options in the new EFF. I've owned two linen Walts from back when linen Walts were stock items in what I think is that very same indigo fabric and in a brighter green called "juniper." They're two absolute staples for me. Can't imagine summer without them. Green-tone linen in particular is a great warm-weather match for a navy SC.   Two old photos of these trousers below:   (exposure is off here on the indigo, but you get the...
 Down for deep-V undershirts for sure. Those are very hard to find in a soft cotton. And I was wearing that indigo-dyed pocket tee the other day. Great fabric and a great shirt. And maybe I'm out of touch, but I think that a patch breast pocket on the otherwise fantastic shawl collar button fleece would be a turnoff for a lot of guys, myself included. I love breast pockets of all kinds on sportcoats but I'd strongly prefer clean lines up at the chest for knitwear.
 It's three season for me, but probably two for you as you live in Florida. In the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic I'd wear them Sept through May. If I lived in SF I'd never take them off.
Can confirm that the Olive Thick and Cozy Cotton is amazing. I'd pick up the Walnut Brushed Twill but after my Umber Moleskin and Brown/Magenta Tweed Rivets, I think I'm set on colder weather brown pants. Bummer to miss that one, but you can't get em all.   Sleeper hit, though, I think is the re-emergence of the Cool Water Merino Flannel. @Epaulet Mike, there's definitely more stock on that one? Grabbed it, but hoping for no out-of-stock e-mail down the line... Looks...
@Epaulet Terrific. Thanks for the info!   Additionally, for folks who live in snowy climates: how do you preventatively clean salt residue from your shoes? Using a rag I've tended to wipe down my shoes in the past with a solution of one part white vinegar to three parts water before washing off with a pure water and buffing, but am curious what others do, and if you do it every day.
 Thanks! And gotcha. I'll definitely want to wait until all of the S17 fabrics land to choose my five. I'll just hope the icy blue one doesn't sell out. That one's a little louder so I can imagine it sticking around longer. Love that the cotton-linen is brushed. Should be a very interesting piece. Love how Joe Blair really thinks through the details of the fabrication as well as the patterns/colorways. The two cotton ones are really great too. That hairline electric blue...
Wow those Pompei cotton-linen blends from Individualized for S17. Mike you're killing it at spring already. Fitting, as it's in the mid 60s in New York today. What kind of stock do you have available in those? They look pretty special, so I don't want to wait for 5 fabrics and find out that they've sold out.   And would you say those Pompei fabrics are going to be lightweight/breathable enough to wear in August?