or Connect

Posts by applky

Don't the Walt and Rudy have the same rise?
  LBM and Epaulet
 Well done! I've never been able to figure out how to wear a paisley tie effectively. You do it very well here. A reward well deserved!
  Walts usually already have enough fabric in the thighs and seat to let them out to a Rudy-esque fit. It won't be perfect, and stitching might show on light-colored cotton Walts, but I've had success doing this in the past. I believe Mike has as well. I let out all my linen Walts, for instance. The Walt fits me fine, but I like the extra room in a linen pant.
Up for sale is a beautiful Polo Ralph Lauren suit, made in Italy by Corneliani in a moderate weight, three-season, textured wool in a charcoal shadow glen plaid with a blue windowpane. This suit is gorgeous, and I'm only selling it because it just doesn't fit me in the shoulders. I've worn it four to five times, and it's in excellent condition with only slight signs of wear. The suit is fully canvassed and lined, 3-roll-2, with cut that tows the line between trim and...
 You sound like an EPNY medium to me.
@leftofthedial   Matt, it's tough to see you go! You've been a stalwart and a mensch for years at Epaulet, always working insanely hard on projects big and small, and bringing style and energy to the stores and the product lines. It's been great talking with you about everything from clothes to music, and grabbing drinks with customers and crew. All the best on your new endeavor! Enjoy Atlanta, and hope we'll all get to hang for your next NYC visit.
 You may have just convinced me. So the navy raw silk wouldn't look out of place with a wool-cashmere or Harris Tweed SC? Agreed that the grenadine is somewhat dressy, though honestly I just wear it anyway -- it's too irresistible. EDIT: Perhaps I should mention that I already own the navy donegal that @Gerry Nelson shows off wonderfully up the thread 
 lol A+. Do you have any pics of the navy raw silk in your back pocket, perchance? I'm completely on the fence about that tie. I'm wondering if it'll be as versatile/significantly different from my navy piccola grenadine, also from Vanda. Do you think it's warm-weather only?
 Terrific. Is that the Deep Red Raw Silk tie?