Posts by applky

I very much appreciate both of your responses!. Thanks very much. I think I'll go Walt on this. The real question is whether or not to to cuff. I usually don't cuff warm-weather fabrics, but perhaps the weight of the cuff would add wrinkle resistance... Also curious about the navy micro houndstooth trouser, and how breathable those are compared to the REDAs. The pattern on those looks amazing. It's tough to find a summer-weight trouser in a deep navy that isn't an indigo...
Up for sale is a frankly amazing pair of pants, victim only to routine closet thinning-of-the-herd. This is a pair of Epaulet Rivet Chinos done in an amazingly soft cotton-linen twill in a stone/pale khaki color. The composition is roughtly 50-50 cotton-linen, giving you great breathability from the linen for true three-season wear with wrinkle resistance coming from both the cotton and the twill structure. I've seen a lot of cotton-linens, but I've never seen one before...
Up for sale is a frankly amazing pair of pants, victim only to routine closet thinning-of-the-herd. This is a pair of Epaulet Rivet Chinos done in an amazingly soft cotton-linen twill in a stone/pale khaki color. The composition is roughtly 50-50 cotton-linen, giving you great breathability from the linen for true three-season wear with wrinkle resistance coming from both the cotton and the twill structure. I've seen a lot of cotton-linens, but I've never seen one before...
I am parting with some incredible shirts here, simply looking to thin the herd. These are all terrific deals, and can be worn now and in the coming months. All are made with terrific fabrics, described below, and all at either Gitman Brothers in Ashland, PA, or at New England Shirt Company, in Fall River, MA. All garments stored on hangers in a smoke-free, pet-free home. All fit around a Medium, and all measurements listed below are taken from the garment itself. As with...
I am parting with some incredible shirts here, simply looking to thin the herd. These are all terrific deals, and can be worn now and in the coming months. All are made with terrific fabrics, described below, and all at either Gitman Brothers in Ashland, PA, or at New England Shirt Company, in Fall River, MA. All garments stored on hangers in a smoke-free, pet-free home. All fit around a Medium, and all measurements listed below are taken from the garment itself. As with...
 This may be hard for me to resist. Isn't there a well-known Epaulet SF member that has these white Khyber cloth pants and wears them very well? I'm thinking @FrankCowperwood but not 100% sure. How visible would you say the pocket bags are? A tad visible is fine -- comes with the territory. If it's intensely distracting then I'm less sure. Also, another vote for the REDA Hopsack. I have a pair of Indigo REDA Hopsack Walts from last year and just can't get enough, as Dave...
 Tarrago Nano is great, but I'll recommend an upgrade to Saphir Invulner, available through the Hanger Project. Saphir Invulner, in my experience, is gentler, lasts longer, and provides stronger anti-stain protection. You can also use it on any leather, including exotics.
I want to give a hard plug for the Bark & Sky Blue (S75020) fabric. It has that tobacco brown ground so desired in warm-weather menswear, and has enough wool in the blend (71%) that it could easily be a three-season SC. And from my in-store viewing the secondary darker windowpane is very subtle and is barely visible from a distance. The sky blue windowpane is obviously visible but is tasteful and still quite versatile. It reminds me of that Tobacco Windowpane Luigi Bianchi...
Saw the Southwick Spring/Summer 17 fabrics in store today, and this might be the best Southwick collection I've seen. So many excellent linens, lightweight wools, and wool/linen/silk blends. There are some great solids, including ones with texture, but the fabrics I'm most excited about are the wool/linen/silk blend patterns, all of which seem extremely wearable and well-designed. For those of us who were bummed at the loss of the kinds of fabrics Luigi Bianchi Mantova...
 Great fit, but OH NO no Legos? That's what I come to this thread for!  Thanks! Now I just have to figure out the color situation. By the way, is the Blue Danube fabric a canvas? Olive and Walnut seem like twills for sure. Just zooming in on that photo and noticing a difference between the three.