or Connect

Posts by applky

I'm a fan of the pony express myself.   Also anyone else notice the rate hike in USPS Priority Mail? Ridiculous. I'm sure Mike and company will notice before too long, if they haven't already.
 Five years ago, such a levelheaded question would have drawn pitchforks and mobs here on SF! @chrispy650 it definitely looks slim -- slimmer than I like. The pulling on the bottom button is telling. If I were you, I'd take out the back darts. A very close look will probably reveal stitch lines once they're out, but on a pattern like that it'll likely be nigh impossible to see. Just got back from a warm sandy beach where I wore my old Liberty chrysanthemum shirt almost...
 Nice! Got the same for the REDA except 2-button, not 3-roll-2. And I went with inset flap pockets with a ticket pocket.  Don't worry so much about it. It's going to go with almost everything, as long as your trousers aren't too matchy-matchy with the colors in the fabric. The eggshell linens would look great, as would denim. Just wear and enjoy!  Haha, I just got the SC, not the full suit (2-button, unconstructed, patch hip pockets and welt breast pocket, brown horn). But...
 Thanks! You as well. It was the sleeper hit of the bunch for me. I waffled and waned between tan horn and brown, and then went with the brown. Will I regret it??? Did the deep purple liner, as my two favorite necktie colors are green and purple, and I wanted to see the two colors together. As it's an unconstructed shoulder and therefore 3/8 lined, there's very little liner anyway.  It all depends on how you wear it. If you wear it with a blue BD and bowtie like this guy...
 Placed an order yesterday for that precise item! (Just without the surgeon's cuffs.) I went with the unconstructed shoulder. Interested to see how that turns out with a cotton fabric. Which horn? Also, there are way too many POWs, glen checks, and other large checks hanging around the EFF, especially the one-of-a-kind section. My wool-cashmere glen check sport coat is one of my most worn. A deceptively easy wear both with solids and patterns, since it's such a unique...
 Nice timepiece with the fleece onesie! Love the Reigning Champ hoodie (or just fleece zip-up?) especially.  Right, totally different places -- the Oishii in Chestnut Hill is just a tiny sushi bar. (And I'm not talking at all about the South End Oishii, which is mediocre in my experience.) But absolutely O Ya has been on my radar. However, Tim Cushman opened up a New York location of O Ya this past summer and it got very tepid reviews, so I haven't been rushing to either....
@wigglr Glad you're another Oishii fan!   @Epaulet Mike, would you say the Midnight Seed Stitch fabric is a true dark navy, or is there any color variegation in there? Looks fairly similar to the Luigi Bianchi midnight tweed I picked up a few months ago, so just wondering. Also, how's the weight? Wondering how warm I could wear it in our NYC jungle heat.   Last question: is the "unconstructed shoulder" in the EFF the new lightweight Southwick with slightly wider...
  [[SPOILER]]@wigglr No not in the area but I used to be. (I'm in NYC.) Will be back up for a week or so in a few months. Thanks for the great words about Alden & Harlow and the other spots, though! Have to take some eaters with very high standards out so it's good to know. My understanding is that Craigie on Main was the catalyst for a lot of the new place s in the Boston area, but TBH I liked it better when it was the Craigie Street Bistro, in a little space in the...
Which restaurant? Some great places have come into Cambridge over the past decade or so.Also dry cleaning denim and other cotton pants can really depend on where you live and your feelings on cotton trousers. There's a world class dry cleaner a 10-minute walk from my home that charges $5 to dry clean denim, and another place nearby is $3. That I think is cheap for dry cleaning and worth the small upcharge from regular laundry to keep all my cotton pants from fading --...
Hmm, thoughts all? I'm by a very good dry cleaners but can also wash gently. I just don't want the fit or color to change. I'm just concerned that either one might remove dye from the jacket.When in doubt my instinct is to dry clean. Any downside to this?Ahh, a cleaning Q I can answer! I have washed and dry cleaned my Wilshire Ring Rings. If you haven't washed them before, I'd do a cold very gentle cycle alone. If you care a lot about the fades, take them to a good dry...