or Connect

Posts by applky

@Epaulet Mike, I'm thinking about the Wheat and Straw Slubby Linen -- possibly as a suit. Do you have a sense of the weight of the fabric, and how fine or coarse it is? I'm thinking of drape and how wrinkle prone it will be, and also if the fabric will be itchy as a trouser during hot weather. Texture looks very interesting!
 Gunchecks are so great, especially how the twill structure is a part of the check pattern, and because of the overlapping windowpanes. The Firenze's light blue windowpane here and the pattern combination are really one of the best I've ever seen. The Milano Check and the Firenze Guncheck look like two of the most wearable gunchecks I've ever seen. @Epaulet Mike, a question about the Firenze fabric: how breathable/light is it? Wondering how it'd fare in the depths of NYC...
The Southwick EFF notwithstanding, just a heads up to everyone that the (unofficial) Gitman shirting EFF is closing today and it looks like the Midnight Madness Tattersall is newly available. I've handled that swatch in person in store and it's an amazing fabric. FYI!
Persian Blue Windowpane suit ordered, patch hip and welt breast pockets. White MOP buttons ofc.
 It'll take you places that you've never, never seen.
 I know, that plaza last medallion on the alt wien boot is amazing. My understanding is that Alden only does that ram's head medallion on the Plaza last. Such a winner. All you SoCal guys who want to show support for the L.A. Rams, that's your boot.
 Fantastic, thanks. I'll probably be by early next week.
 @Epaulet Would also like to take a look at the samples next week -- both the Saffiano bags and the Aran heirloom. They look great! Gotta make some decisions...
New England summer EFF pickups in:   Navy Handloomed Madras Cayman Islands Chambray Albini Circle Print Linen Natural Indigo Hand-Dye Olive Madras Batik   Got my Streaky/Slubby Indigo Cotton-Linen Rivets hemmed the other day. Waiting on Tobacco Cotton-Linen and REDA Indigo Hopsack Walts. Lightweight Lubiam & Southwick SCs hanging in the closet. Was in the 70s in New York yesterday. Summer can't come soon enough.
 And any place that's musically the 80s every day is my kind of place. Next time, Mike, will bust out Dio after some Billy Squier deep cuts. But for real this EFF is insane. Some amazing stuff. Will the linen shirts make up any larger than the cotton shirts? Some past New England linens (I'm thinking the fabled Navy Stars fabric) made up roomier. And as long as I've got that linen Navy Stars shirt on my mind, do any of the linens here have that kind of ultra-light...