Posts by applky

@gshen Those grenadines are beautiful. I'd say that's more than a few...!   In the meantime, it's still been warm over here, and the Apricot Basketweave tie has been crucial:     Apricot Basketweave tie Cream kimono silk PS   Non-Vanda is Southwick and Individualized Shirts for Epaulet.
That was fast. Thanks all for your interest!
Up for sale is a beautiful sportcoat made of a luxurious wool-cashmere fabric. Made by Southwick for Epaulet, this sportcoat is made of a gorgeous tonal Prince of Wales check. The check is made of a melange of blues that give the jacket a slight grey cast. Close up, earth tones run through the center of the checks. The result is a blue jacket that's visually distinctive and entirely different from a typical navy jacket, but just as versatile. A great match to nearly any...
Up for sale is a stunning Harris Tweed sportcoat. Made by Southwick for Epaulet, this sportcoat is made of a stunning deadstock fabric whose dominant ground color is a mottled loden, with terrific color variegation up close. Further inspection reveals dual interlocking navy and blue windowpanes, lending the jacket both visual interest and color balance. This is an natural match to any blue, brown, or grey trouser or pair of denim. It toggles easily back and forth between...
 I wore my Tobacco Cotton-Linen all spring and summer with no issues. You might want to let the seat out a bit rather than reinforcing it, though your tailor (or the thread) could tell you if that's wise given the state of the fabric. Thinner, lighter fabrics have always made up slightly tighter, but I went TTS on this with no issues. I'd hasten to add that I've had the same positive experience with the Steamed Milk Cotton-Linen, which I believe is the same fabrication in...
Closet cleaning inevitably involves heartbreak. Up for sale is an absolutely incredible tie from Vanda Fine Clothing. Like all Vanda ties, this is made by Styleforum members Gerald Shen and Diana Chan completely by hand in their Singapore workshop. I'm loath to sell this amazing tie, but I own so many green ties, so here we are. Green ties are some of the most versatile ties out there, and this tie is made of a unique fabric. The ground is a variegated silk-wool with a...
Time for some fall trouser closet cleaning. These are trousers I rarely wear (in one case, have only worn once). Both are unique, but still versatile in distinct ways. Both are done in Epaulet's Walt shape, a fitted straight trouser cut by hand at Hertling Trousers in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. No alterations have been made to these except for hemming by a professional alterations tailor in New York City. All measurements taken from the garment itself. Both fabrics are...
 I'm a slim Medium in Epaulet shirts, and a Medium in the Portugal shirting works great for me. On another note, just got my summer 5x Individualized shirts in, and am stunned by how great all the fabrics are. The shirts are all amazing, and I'll post photos later, but a note first that I was frankly surprised at how much I love the Brevanna Peached Twill. The colors really pop, and the fabric is incredibly soft. I picked it up in store and when I tried it on it elicited...
@Epaulet A quick query about the Albini indigo linens. You note that they'll be washed and will be a bit lighter in tone. How much lighter, exactly? Is this going to be an enzyme wash that will have a comparable effect of turning a shade like this into something like this? Or will it be just a single rinse and fairly close in color to the original? I'm specifically interested in the Albini Indigo Cotton-Linen (obviously, since I buy nearly every cotton-linen you carry)....
@FrankCowperwood Great fit. Is that a 3-ply oxford popover?   And Mike, looking forward to the fabric video! I really enjoy those videos. It's really helpful when ordering from swatches.