or Connect

Posts by applky

The fabric on this sportcoat is so great -- a true lightweight wool, and the check is amazing on the white ground. If it fits you, do yourself a favor and buy it!
 Fair, and I'm sure a good decision, but as a casual sportcoat they were kind of perfect.
Everyone will think you have a promotion announcement coming up. Or you're not hiding that big raise very well...!
At least you look really chipper at work.
 I use a messenger bag that converts to a briefcase. When a lot of people say they want a "messenger bag," what a lot of us mean is a briefcase with a detachable shoulder strap, not this kind of thing. If you can make the briefcase have hidden/detachable/removable clips for a removable shoulder strap, I think you'd get both bag constituencies. Also a lot of guys would appreciate it if the laptop sleeve, or any inner pocket in there, would fit a 15" laptop. Am I right to...
 @Epaulet Mike, sorry to bug, just think this got lost in the shuffle. I'm wondering about that End 48, and in general what direction to go for something for hot summer weather.
@Epaulet Mike, actual questions: the linen fabrics look incredible, but I'm wondering about how they'll wear in the summer in a shape as slim as the rivet chino.   One query: End 48, Streaky & Slubby Blue Linen, the pic says 100% linen, but the dropdown says linen/cotton. I'm wondering which is correct, and how cooling you think it would be in the NYC summer heat. I have another cotton-linen RC from another EFF and the fabric is actually quite heavy (though...
 Plug for the Walt short. I have two and they're insanely comfortable. It's a great way to wear a bold or patterned fabric (mine are white/gray seersucker and japanese camo twill).  "But you know that when the sale is sold / You can get what you want or you can just get old"
 @Gerry Nelson Agreed, and the collar is excellent. A great looking shirt all around.
 Anyone who likes the rivet should try the Driggs. It's such a great shape that works with everything -- everything a rivet chino works with as well as most situations that would call for a more formal trouser. (@turkey_sandwich try the duck Driggs) I have cotton Driggs and it's one of my favorite pants. And the slightly higher rise, much discussed a few pages ago, is so comfortable. Also, backpacks are up. I've seen them in store. They're fantastic -- beautiful, not...