or Connect

Posts by applky

Off topic watch question for Mike and NYC guys: any recommendations for mechanical watch repair? I have an inexpensive mechanical watch that recently developed a clanking noise inside the housing when the watch is moved back and forth (Mike, this is the Orient watch you were looking at the other day). It still tells time as well as it ever has, though, but the noise is worrisome. Any recommendations for repair?
 Sizing sounds good; I'm a 32 Walt and Rivet, and take a 31 Wilshire. Great selection of items. The Pale Grey Hopsack Walt is hands down the best warm weather trouser I've ever worn, even better than linen.
 Yes. The midnight oil is pretty grey, but avoids being boring or too familiar. I really like them -- great weight, great fabric. The olives are more olive, with a greener cast.
 I also have the Slate Garment Dye Driggs and they wear amazingly well -- very cool temperature-wise.  This is so awesome.
Anyone with an actual pic of the yellow striped Japanese grenadine?
 Yeah, you'd probably really dig them.  Most of my Vanda ties are fine wool ties. A bunch of my recent pics with notes (click to enlarge): Brown fancy wool from their original collection; fine enough to be worn with a suit. A more recent "fancy wool" (brown-periwinkle) with tweed; always buy their "fancy wools." They're the best. Green wool POW Wool-silk woven flowers, again slightly more formal Burnt orange POW; one of my favorites Brown-black wool crepe Blue donegal...
Key to pulling off a loud tie like that: you really have to make sure you DGAF like both those guys above.
 This seems the sensible solution. My Carmina speed hooks are also sharper than my Alden speed hooks, but that's never stopped me from wearing them.
   Thanks guys! As the good folks in MC Casual have reminded me, thou shalt not wear an untucked shirt with a buttoned SC, but in my mind, at the beach, most rules go out the window. The LBM chinolino is incredible. Amazing drape, and very breathable.
Point taken from both of you @sugarbutch and @Crat. Ironically, the reason why I don't post fits in this thread is that I usually dress too formally for MC Casual. This summer, though, I should be posting here more often.