or Connect

Posts by applky

Recent tie and PS order shipped! And now, a recent photo with some Vanda wares. Pardon the poor indoor lighting.     Vanda indigo raw silk tie Vanda silk PS from forever ago SC and shirt are Epaulet x Lubiam/Gitman
From the other day. This season's Vittorio Farmer's Check in tropical wool is my favorite new SC by a mile. Pardon the too-warm indoor lighting.     EP Vittorio SC in tropical wool Farmer's Check EP x Gitman chambray MTO with the Gitman V-CA Cutaway Tobacco Cotton-Linen Walts Vanda raw silk tie and pocket square
  I wear BDs with a jacket and tie all the time. It's a hallmark of American style, and as others have said, it depends on the proportion of the specific BD collar to the tie and the jacket. I'd go so far as to say a generous BD collar like Individualized's is the most flattering collar no matter the shape of your face. If you have a more angular face like mine, smaller collars can work, but it's a look, and you have to tie your tie pretty tight. Of course as I say this...
 Went into the store earlier today to pick up an Individualized Shirt, saw the swatch for this fabric, and insta-bought it. Purchase this trouser.
Pretty sure that whoever gets the Broken Railroad Stripe in a Taylor Short will win this EFF.
@Epaulet Mike, very nice looking DB. Congrats on the new suiting program! They're fantastic pieces and really blow everything else at that price point clear out of the water. Will the EFF swatches be available to see in store today? Would be great to look at them while I pick up my new Individualized shirt that just came in. And great new collar on @NewYawker! Hoping all new shirting developments come with appropriate Phil Collins lyrics.
For very light silks, it can help keep the tie in place if you tie a knot that's slightly more substantial than a FIH, like a Pratt knot or the knot Mark Cho ties here: https://vimeopro.com/thearmoury/tie-tying/video/50828730Though honestly I just let lighter silks do whatever they want. I like having ties wear a bit differently based on the fabric and construction.
 Context and occasion are important of course, and given that it's a 50th wedding anniversary in a hotel ballroom I think it's fair to expect everyone to dress well. Any occasion where you are celebrating anyone is an occasion to dress well to express respect and admiration for the people being celebrated. I went to a university graduation recently and wore a suit despite it being very hot and humid (the REDA Crosshatch EP suit, btw). Any momentary discomfort one might...
This sounds fantastic. Too bad about the delay, but sounds like an amazing fabrication. Hoping for multiple colorways!
 I think the people cry out for all kinds of interesting shantungs! Especially stripes and generally unexpected patterns.