or Connect

Posts by applky

Last days of summer     Blue-Red Japanese Grenadine tie Cream Vintage Kimono Silk pocket square   Non-Vanda is Luigi Bianchi Mantova and Gitman for Epaulet.
Closet cleaning: loath as I am to let this go, I have so many navy ties and not all of them get worn. This beautiful tie is made completely by hand by Gerald Shen and Diana Chan of Vanda Fine Clothing, in a six-fold construction with hand-rolled edges. It's made in a beautiful silk-linen (52%/48%) fabric, with a bicolor navy-turquoise weave. Vanda has the tie up on its website here, and normally I would include studio shots, but I actually think the tie is more navy than...
Up for sale is a beautiful pair of trousers in lightweight Pearl Grey flannel, made by Epaulet in their Walt shape. This gorgeous, soft Italian flannel is perfect for fall, winter, and spring -- warm for cooler days, but lightweight enough not to overheat you indoors. The best hand and drape of any flannel I've handled. And, of course, the pearl gray color goes well with nearly everything. Flat front, flap pockets. Tagged size 34, professionally taken in to a 33 with room...
I'm also a Smedium in EPNY shirts, and my Medium cardigan works great. When I bought the cardigan, I was a true EPNY Medium, and as I've lost weight, the cardigan has still fit great. Better to err a tad larger rather than super tight with a style like this.
Yes indeed. I'm a 37/38 Southwick, EPNY Small-Medium, and have a Medium/US38 cardigan.
Ode to the Heirloom Cardigan:   I've been an Epaulet customer since shortly after they originally opened -- from before I was on SF, even. I wear EP almost every day, and I've seen a lot of stuff go through their stores. And I'll say this: my heirloom cardigan from 2010 is my single favorite piece of clothing I own. Not just among EP pieces, but my single favorite piece of clothing, period. It is the Platonic ideal of a sweater, my Arctic Circle desert island sweater. It...
 FWIW I wear my nightshade herringbone trousers from last year with patterned jackets regularly. The key is to make the scale of the two patterns different: at least one must be muted, and they shouldn't be graphically similar (i.e. herringbone is a dense vertical pattern, so go with an open check or windowpane). Solid PS/shirt/tie will help even things out. It's a tricky thing to do, and the MC WAYWT thread probably won't like it, but you will, which is what...
Last days of summer  Luigi Bianchi Mantova Vittorio windowpane SCGitman MTO shirt [[SPOILER]]
J Crew a few years ago I think.
 Another vote for G&L. My midnight oil G&Ls are getting quite a bit of wear. It's a perfect business casual fabric.  Looks fantastic! Can't wait to pick mine up tomorrow. Curious to see about the length issue.