or Connect

Posts by applky

Thanks!  Picked mine up the other day, the Aran Knit Crewneck. Absolutely incredible. There was a chill in the air last night and almost wore it. Saw those suede ballcaps, too, which are pretty great.
Still hot in New York.       Southwick linen-silk glen plaid SC (part of a suit) Individualized shirt Indigo hopsack Walts Suede belt Carmina suede chukkas (unseen)   Vanda tie and PS 
 This. Also @RuleOfRescue I'm also 6 foot and wear EP trousers, and I get all my Vanda ties done at 59" (to be precise, 3.25" x 59"). I'm fairly evenly proportioned, with a ~31" inseam giving me no break with most trousers, but if you have a longer torso YMMV. I find that 59" is a great length for me, and gives me room to play around with blade length, depending on tie/fit/mood. If your torso is longer, you could of course try lengthening your ties. Additionally: I tie a...
 You sound like a medium to me.
 Didn't see this until months later, but if you're still looking for a tailor to do this, I've had excellent and less expensive results at Stanton Street Tailors on the LES. See my post up the page in this thread for details.
Mike the background photo for the LA event above reminds me... your FB photos are making me very glad I ordered the Navy/Oak Gingham Brevanna Peached Twill.    
 Thanks Mike for the World Star-style Rivet Chino video. That was really helpful in solidifying my Chocolate Magenta order. Also ordered the Natural Cotton-Linen Canvas. And thanks also for your previous alert on the seasonality of the Natural Cotton-Linen Rivets. I just assumed I'd wear them next summer and not any time soon, but I appreciate your giving us the heads up on their lighter weight. That lighter weight is exactly what I'm going for for warm weather wear!...
@Epaulet   Mike that Chocolate/Magenta Fleck Tweed looks pretty spectacular. I am, however, having a hard time making out the color. It looks almost navy/off-navy to me, but that doesn't seem to be in the description. If you're shooting any extra video/photos (as your post suggested above), that would be one that would be great to see. Or to hear any elaboration on the color. I've been looking for an interesting navy or other dark pant for casual wear -- something that's...
Just got my shantungs and... whoa. They're amazing. And that Peacocks and Peonies square! Gerald and Diana have killed it this summer.
 @fairlynerdy Agreed. I have a lot of flannel and tweed pants, and can tell you that I find the tweeds much more versatile. In addition to wearing with a SC and tie (or no tie), I'm much more apt to wear tweed trousers with casual shoes and a sweater than flannel trousers.