or Connect

Posts by applky

Haha, thanks, they always do and they always sell out. This particular PS is, I believe, from Vanda's second or third collection (third ever). In the meantime, there are these two.
The other day, I wore a Yellow Hook Necktie. I took a picture of it. Now you are looking at it.   This is a Loro Piana wool/silk/linen blend tie from a few seasons back. Do not sleep on the current offerings. This tie is so great that my camera got all moire effect on it.     PS is Vanda, SC is LBM cotton-linen for Epaulet, shirt is Gitman for Epaulet
 Nice seatbelt, deets on the maker? Really, nice fit!
A few Vandas from the past few days that I've neglected to post here. Neglected no longer! One from a very bright day the other week:       Bicolor grey melange fina grenadine with navy overweave (in the spirit of the recent bicolor grenadine discussions) Cream neat diamonds textured wool PS from forever ago   Non-Vanda is all Lubiam, Gitman, and Hertling for Epaulet.
For those of you who wear a given size in the Alden Barrie/Trubalance lasts, have you found that going one size up for the sneakers works? I wear a 10D in Barrie/Trubalance, so I'd take a 10.5D in sneakers, right?   Also, for those of you who have any of the shell sneakers, do you find that water spots appear in the rain as with any shell dress shoe? Assuming it would, but I'm not familiar with the shell the sneaker factory uses.
Up for sale is a beautiful bicolor gingham shirt made by New England Shirting Company for Epaulet. The shirt is done in a whisper soft cotton in a brown-purple colorway. The combination of the two colors makes the shirt far more than the sum of its parts, as far as color is concerned. The two tones complement each other and make the shirt extremely easy to wear, yet still interesting. The high thread-count cloth and spread collar makes this a true crossover: able to be...
Whoo boy, this was a tough one to decide to sell. Up for sale is a Gitman x Epaulet shirt in a frankly ridiculously amazing fabric. It's a cotton-linen that feels almost as soft as silk; it breathes like linen, but resists wrinkling. It's done in an amazing moderate-scale multicolor colorway perfect for three-season wear. Obviously, it's a natural for all kinds of casual warm-weather wear, but because it's a Gitman shirt, the collar stands up under a jacket or sweater,...
+1. They also work well for me.But for those who have taken darts out, there has to be stitch lines in the back, right? How has it looked on cottons?Also guys the stingray heel on navy shell.@Epaulet Mike, what is Mogano shell? Is that the medium brown tone?
 In my experience, they don't slip and they cover as much of your foot as possible without showing. And they're just cotton and elastic. I've had mine for years and they've held their shape, though I don't put mine in the dryer.
@psychodealer unfortunately I'm not familiar with Uniqlo's no shows.Tracks FC. Much appreciated. That kind of fit is my work MO, and thought I'd post more once the new EFF wares (forthcoming) and some new summer Vandas came in.