Posts by applky

Thanks! And yeah, my experience has been that their fabrics are better than NE's. I'm wearing a Gitman flannel now, actually (the red-blue-grey buffalo check from I think two years ago), and I always marvel at how great it feels. I guess the question is whether that Gitman Electric Dreams Madras will be duplicative of the blue/red/yellow-tone NE Madras from last year (can't recall the name), or whether it'll be distinct enough. The Highlighter Burst Cotton-Linen is a...
@Epaulet Thanks, Mike! That Indigo Dyed Gauzy Cotton is exactly what I've been looking for.   How would you say the Madras cloth here compares to the Madras cloth from the New England EFF last year? In terms of hand, weight, design, etc.   Also sorry to bombard with questions but what's the hand on the Highlighter Burst Cotton-Linen like? Some cotton-linens can be a bit rough.
My thoughts exactly. Would love to hear more about this collar vs the University Collar (UNV).Very nice! This is the correct argument, always. Details on the SC fabric?lol good one, and in my signature too as it happens!
 That sounds so terrible! My best wishes to you for a speedy and full recovery.  Thanks man! And I'm serious about those other two shirts. Maybe one will be my "free fifth" once the Fall 2017 fabrics are posted. If anyone else gets some of the other promotional linens, I'd love (read: we'd all love) to see them posted.  So that's why they gutted the Nassau Coliseum and moved the Islanders to that rusty bird's nest on Atlantic Avenue.
Grabbed the White Khyber Cloth Walts and Navy Snuff Suede Slip-Ons. Looking forward to pairing them together.   Also, I picked up six linen and cotton-linen Individualized shirts today at the Manhattan store -- all excellent, including three Canclini Cotton-Linen Denim Twills and the Tobacco Brushed Cotton-Linen Check. But I was really stunned by the Speckled Pure Linens. They're outrageously soft and have a ton of visual interest. Do not sleep on them. They're some of...
 Glad you like the B&S items, especially the Madras shirt! And I grabbed the Dusty Pink Linen as well, great minds and all that.
 Great to hear that this is Alden/Carmina-level suede. This is very helpful! And I love that Leffot suede drenching video. It's that wonderful combo of practical shoe care advice and Stephen's contrarianism. Additionally Mike, are you planning on doing a re-run of this suede preorder either later this season or next year at around this time? Or running a few of these suede models as stock items? I'm intrigued by at least three models, but was thinking about dipping my toe...
Adding a new Gitman Blue-Lavender Chambray.   And several shirts sold. Thanks all!
Adding a new Gitman Blue-Lavender Chambray.   And several shirts sold. Thanks all!
Mike, a quick query on sizing: you mentioned that the slip on fits a tad looser than the tennis trainer. If my 10.5 tennis trainer is just on the snug side (both before and after break in), am I good going with the same size in the slip on? Also, about the suede, how well would this react to water? I tend not to wear suede shoes in heavy rain, but will wear them in light rain or a drizzle, as ultimately it's leather one way or another and should be able to get wet, and...