Posts by applky

I want to give a hard plug for the Bark & Sky Blue (S75020) fabric. It has that tobacco brown ground so desired in warm-weather menswear, and has enough wool in the blend (71%) that it could easily be a three-season SC. And from my in-store viewing the secondary darker windowpane is very subtle and is barely visible from a distance. The sky blue windowpane is obviously visible but is tasteful and still quite versatile. It reminds me of that Tobacco Windowpane Luigi Bianchi...
Saw the Southwick Spring/Summer 17 fabrics in store today, and this might be the best Southwick collection I've seen. So many excellent linens, lightweight wools, and wool/linen/silk blends. There are some great solids, including ones with texture, but the fabrics I'm most excited about are the wool/linen/silk blend patterns, all of which seem extremely wearable and well-designed. For those of us who were bummed at the loss of the kinds of fabrics Luigi Bianchi Mantova...
 Great fit, but OH NO no Legos? That's what I come to this thread for!  Thanks! Now I just have to figure out the color situation. By the way, is the Blue Danube fabric a canvas? Olive and Walnut seem like twills for sure. Just zooming in on that photo and noticing a difference between the three.
Mike, if you'll field another sizing Q: Southwick 37, EP shirting Medium, LBM 36/46. Teba 37 or 38?
 Seconded.  For the record, I doused an older EP suede jacket (the Eisenhower dark brown suede bomber) in Saphir Invulner, and with reapplication every now and then it can definitely take light moisture. I wouldn't want to be caught in a downpour or snowstorm -- I'd risk a "Master of the House" incident in that case -- but it certainly does well against mild weather. This suede was pig suede, which is tough stuff but still has a luxe feel and drape.
 Thanks! Was considering a few other options but this put me over. Grabbed it. Complete summer pickups are: Canclini Indigo Cotton-Linen, buttondown collarCanclini White Cotton-Linen, buttondown collarCanclini White Cotton-Linen, Artisan collar with light linerCanclini Pompei Tobacco Cotton-Linen, buttondown collarSpeckled Robin's Egg Blue Linen, buttondown collarSpeckled Dusty Pink Linen, buttondown collar All have V pocket and regular cuffs. Second white Canclini...
@Epaulet Mike, how saturated is the Dusty Pink off-price linen? I'm wondering whether it looks washed out/faded, or whether it's a truer, more saturated pink (like Nantucket Red pants). It appears differently to me between the video and the still photo.
 I'm well over Day 1000, and let me tell you, they're all good days.
 Wow amazing pants sale. So much moleskin and tweed. I'll reiterate my passion for the Umber Moleskin Rivets that I was very happy to buy at full price.
 You might have just convinced me for that one. Do you think it's appropriate as a three-season tie? Say fall, winter, and spring? Looks like a pretty deep blue.