or Connect

Posts by Mr T

Should we have a memorial thread? Chestnut - my apologies for the cell phone pics: [/quote]
Does SG expect you to start work in the next month? If not, just accept their offer and later, if necessary, tell them that you reconsidered.
Quote: Originally Posted by willpower Watch her 1999 flick "Election" with Matthew Broderick. Great movie. That was a great one for sure. Broderick was also great. Based on a novel by Tom Perrotta I believe.
Can she manage a 7.5? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180495705747
A little bit better but limited sizes. http://www.theshoemart.com/cole-haan...ose_sling.html
27. Scarface by Paul Monette. Good book with a predictable ending. Especially if you have seen the movie, which you probably have, but I have not. 28. Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis. I have read this several times and still find it enjoyable. This time I read it with Too Big to Fail by Andrew Sorkin in mind. As I thought, the excesses of the past few years is very similar to what Lewis described in the 1980s. I think each generation relearns the mistakes of...
I own and love the Kindle. The e-ink screen is great - much easier on my eyes than a computer screen. Amazon's customer service has also been top notch. I offer this only as another data point. I have no interest in the iPad but there is room for both devices and hope both continue to sell well.
Quote: Originally Posted by leftover_salmon Where did I say I was buying useless crap? Where did I say "Shit, I'm gonna blow all my bonus money on whores and cocaine?" Nothing I'm buying is useless, it's just a little nicer than what most recent graduates would get. Gives me something to work towards and means I won't get the impulsive urge to upgrade as soon as I do start earning some money because the stuff I have and lifestyle I have will be nice...
I congratulate you for taking this step. As long as you spend less than you make through the years you will be fine. That concept used to be common place in our culture but was forgotten at some point. Some people like budgets and some don't. I personally hate them but I also am a natural saver and can pinch a penny till it cries. What you have proposed is a good start but be open to revision if it isn't working as you wanted after a few months. Good luck.
Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta #18 Tokyo Vice: An American Reporter on the Police Beat in Japan by Jake Adelstein Excellent. I was going to say more but I've forgotten largely what I was going to say (really bad considering I finished it about 30 minutes ago). Adelstein-san has an excellent sense of humor which was great fun to read. His stories are improbable and you know if he wasn't a ganjin they never would have happened. Also really...