or Connect

Posts by Mr T

Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles This actually happened to me once, but I lost interest because she was psycho. It was pretty tough getting rid of her. She acted weird around me in the office. But I don't think she ever blabbed because she wanted to maintain her rep. Also was never on a project team with her. If I was, I'd imagine it would be a very awkward day-to-day situation. If anything, I'd clearly lay out the boundaries for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnGalt Did you get the job? They made a tentative offer but I received a better offer elsewhere and did not end up working for them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Venom=Money If we had more venomous snakes around here that's what I would do with them. Snakes don't bother me at all. I tend to catch any I find including venomous ones. There really is no reason to fear most snakes and having them around tends to be a good thing. I just don't believe it. Sure the snakes eat the mice and frogs but eventually something will show up to eat the snake and before you know...
Don't let a couple hundred bucks interfere with your goals. Years ago an organization I had been targeting for a long time had a recruitment road show. I first flew (at my own expense) to San Francisco to interview. Two weeks later, after being turned down in San Francisco, I flew (again at my own expense) to Washington DC to interview with the same folks. The look on the guy's face was priceless. He asked me, "didn't we just interview you in San Francisco?"
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakota rube 50 months ago I was homeless and penniless. Truth. I think the lesson to learn in this thread is that Dakota Rube's life turned around when he joined styleforum.
5. Ann Veronica by H.G. Wells. I am reading the collected works of Wells this year and since it is alphabetical this book was first. Although I consider myself well read I have little experience with Wells and was surprised that he wrote novels other than science fiction. Ann Veronica is about the plight of women prior to WWI and the protagonist's effort to live the life she wants despite those social restrictions. Not a bad read really. 6. Chasing Life: New...
Quote: Originally Posted by eqpablon A hero doesn't tap his chest and let you know that he recieved a Purple Heart. A hero will never regale you with "war stories". They will never tell you about the time their buddy was shot, and the sick empty feeling one gets as he helplessly held his buddy in his arms and watched his best friend take his last breath. A hero doesn't come home and tell his friends about the time he had to recover body parts from the...
4. True Compass: A Memoir. Written by Edward Kennedy. I am always a bit skeptical when reading autobiographies. I know that if I were writing my own life story it would not be balanced. However, I really enjoyed this book. Ted Kennedy wrote it without trying to lead the reader to any predetermined conclusion. I especially enjoyed his description of his childhood and what it was like growing up in the Kennedy household and, later, as each of the Kennedy sons entered...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano Wasabi peas. Yes. Delicious.
J - any chance that you might sell gift certificates in the near future?