or Connect

Posts by Mr T

We already have Lady Canuker - thats good enough.
I will add another vote for Austin. You may never leave.
10. Cathedral of the Sea by Ildefonso Falcones de Sierra (audio book). This historical novel follows the protagonist from childhood to old age in fourteenth century Barcelona as he rises from poverty to wealth and his eventual downfall in the Inquisition. The author spends a great deal of time setting his scenes with historical background information. I liked this but others might not. All things considered a great read (or should I say listen as this was an audio...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pennglock Screen name, yeilded this. It's not me, but had to come from SF, anyone recognize him? I think that was from Conne's infamous Dressing to Hide the Colostomy Bag thread after that Serbian chick tore his guts out. The bag is just visible beneath that sweater.
9. Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman by Jon Krakauer. I always appreciated the personal drive that got Tillman to the NFL. He was almost undrafted out of college and was undersized by NFL standards. But he always found a way to succeed. When he joined the Army it was additional proof that he was a dedicated and conscientious young American. I feel I need to clarify my feelings about Tillman because I am now going to tell you how disappointing this...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dashaansafin Nope, I will look for it. Any particular works from him? IMHO his best are: http://www.amazon.com/What-Talk-Abou.../dp/0679723056
The Kindle you pictured is a few years old - the current model (there are actually two current models) is a bit sleeker. I own the current version and absolutely love it. But the iPad thread reminded me of who these e-readers are really meant for. They are meant for readers. Those of us who always have a book in our hand and just love to read. For us, we only want a reader (and maybe a simple mp3 player). We don't want aps or gps or anything else that computers do. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing Sounds like one of those Japanese fetishes. It made me think about Kawabata's House of the Sleeping Beauties.
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing The infamous Ken. Seriously though, as has been suggested by others, you can always go to grad school later. Learn from my experience as I went to grad school and started a career first and am now struggling to get traction as the only 41 year old in a boy band. It is hard work but as the only band member old enough to buy beer I am pretty much in charge.
When in doubt, dance out.