or Connect

Posts by Kai

One of the better articles I've seen on affirmative action.It gives me some hope that The Atlantic is willing to publish such a frank assessment.
Strange thing about this is that the reports I've seen are unclear on whether the guy had a real gun or a pellet gun.
A bit of both.The letter from 1969 certainly was spot-on in predicting the situation at Columbia Law when I was there in the early 1990's.
Congratulations to the people of England! I am amazed and gratified. I predict Brexit to be followed by Grexit. Departugal. Italeave. Fruckoff. Czechout. Oustria. Finish. Slovakout. Latervia. Byegium. Swedone. Croatiover. Donemark. Extonia. Austriavista, baby.
Found this letter, written in 1969 regarding Yale Law School's initiation of affirmative action in their admissions policies. It is amazing how prescient the author was in his predictions. He pretty much nailed it. "The immediate damage to the standards of Yale Law School needs no elaboration. But beyond this, it seems to me the admission policy adopted by the Law School faculty will serve to perpetuate the very ideas and prejudices it is designed to combat. If in a...
This one makes a better argument:
This is truly awesome: Following the Orlando terror attack, Chicago Sun-Times columnist Neil Steinberg wanted to demonstrate how easy it is to obtain an AR-15 in Illinois. Steinberg's application for the weapon was rejected, however, after a background check revealed his "admitted history of alcohol abuse, and a charge for domestic battery involving his...
Interesting Trump article from NPR of all places: "Trump Just Gave The Speech Republicans Have Been Waiting 20 Years To Hear" http://www.npr.org/2016/06/22/483090531/trump-just-gave-the-speech-republicans-have-been-waiting-20-years-to-hear Here is the speech in question:
My post was about Sweden. I do believe that Sweden has a distinct culture. The same can be said for most of the countries in Europe. If you have spent much time in Europe, you would recognize that. For example, Switzerland shares a border with Italy, but their cultures are quite different. Finland and Sweden are geographically close , but also have some unique cultural differences. Traditional British and French culture are quite different.Regarding America, I also...
This last episode, I was torn between whose pets I appreciated more; Dany's dragons or Ramsey's hounds.