or Connect

Posts by exchode

Toshiba is a Japanese brand. The only laptops I've ever purchased that were defective, were Chinese made laptops. By my experience, the Japanese brand was more reliable and had higher standards of quality than that of the Chinese brands. Pure confirmation bias by my own experience. Say it is made in China, perhaps quality assurance standards in combination with maintaining the expectations of the Toshiba brand is enough to make my consumer experience (even if only mine)...
This gentlemen seems to have found satisfaction for bespoken shirts in the bay area.   http://www.styleforum.net/t/225112/spoon-tailor-hong-kong-bespoke-operation-in-san-francisco#post_4122352   He is using Thomas Mason fabrics and they run $100-$150. Certainly not $250, offers more customization, and is actually bespoken...although I'm not sure what claims are made in respect to whether they are hand stitched or not.   @mafoofan: I stated that I would not pay $250 for a...
I'm new, so I can use $100 for emergencies right? Like my girlfriend washing my favorite 100% wool sweaters down to her size, and me needing to replace them - emergency, right? :D   I'm in!
Hah. I have to agree with bourbonbasted...the collars are a little bit too much "Boardwalk Empire" for me. Although I usually always choose a spread that matches with the lapel on the jacket I'm wearing (if I wear a jacket), even if this isn't case I find a bigger spread much more modern and riskay looking :).   I guess they offer something other than just the white cloth...but there is no way I would pay $245 for a white shirt. Even in the US there are much better...
Appreciate it, I will check those out. I also enjoyed peaking through your blog. I have a fascination with suit crafting, there is so much too it when you start digging - unbelievable. I have lots to learn :).
@jeffreyd   Thank you so much for posting this. To me, half-canvass construction is one of them hardest things to understand in this trade.    Sorry for the OT. Do you have any recommendations for sources of good quality material used for canvassing you mentioned? I would love to supply these to my tailors when I have them make my garments. 
I was really excited when Vizio was launched...made in the USA. Although I'm not an opponent of globalization and outsourcing to China, I have purchased a few things that aren't just cast/molded plastic (laptops, shoes, jackets) and the quality difference is there. There is a reason the only time I purchased a chinese made laptop I exchanged it twice before paying the extra $150 for a nearly identical Toshiba. Would you really like to ride a plane made in China?...
For the OP:   Cheers and congrats on your wedding! First post, but I've been trolling the forums for a while.   I actually came to this site because I was looking at this site: http://www.thickasthievesla.com   The guy, from a person who makes suits, is legit and knows what he is talking about. His fabrics and cuts are pretty standard and traditional, nothing to fancy - but from what I can tell he makes a full canvassed suit at a good price. Price for members...