or Connect

Posts by coinopcollector

Here is the DC cigar LWB. CALLED ON A WHIM ABOUT 3 weeks ago and they had a pair in my size 10.5D.
Picked these Swims up yesterday at the Orvis outlet. Posting here to share some sizing info as swims are the very best galoshes available. I wear a Barrie 10 or 10.5 D. The Swims pictured are 2XL and fit over my 10.5 LWBs just right. Any shoe larger would be a struggle. I can also get these over my 10D SWB boots with commando soles and tankers on commando. I also have the Swims mobster boot in a 1XL and can't get them on a 10D with commando soles.
Very nice. Wouldn't you agree the true color is much richer than the camera is revealing?
With the creased vamp I'd send them back for a full refund. I'm sure one of the other Alden shops has a color 8 LWB in your size BNIB and without a creased vamp.
The creased vamp is unacceptable for a full price shoe. The other minor dings will be found in some variation in every pair of new Alden's.
I called Alden of DC on a whim yesterday and asked if they had any long wings in cigar size 10 1/2 D. To my surprise they did, and here they are on my feet today. This is a very deep dark version of a cigar shell Cordovan and I am not upset with that in anyway. The color is very rich and even. I also like the way the creases are setting in over each vamp
Can anyone shed some light on this boot? http://www.ebay.com/itm/321575655457?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I have never seen it before but think its my new grail. If only these were a 10 or 10.5 D. I have the TSM Ravello WT boot on the way and am not excited/ don't really want them. Anyone have this boot and want to trade?
As always, Black Shell is amazingly beautiful and a very under utilized color here... -Mike [/quote] Could not agree more. Marc
Stopped in at Alden Madison yesterday on trip to NYC.  I was told there were no "rare" (I use that word loosely here) shell colors available with the exception of one size 12 Chukka in whiskey.  They also still had the Color 8 SW Boot with commando sole on the shelf.
Never mind, my bad.