or Connect

Posts by StephenS

These questions are about Oliver Peoples, Persol, Maui Jim, and other higher end sunglasses.  I currently wear Oakley's everyday for work because of the ANSI rating, and am looking to get something more stylish for every day wear.  All answers or opinions are greatly appreciated!! 1.  Are the tint, polarization, and anti-reflective all coatings on the outside of the lens on top of the glass?  Or are they inside the lens?  I am wondering this because I am looking...
My question, not so quick, is about PRL Custom-Fit Dress Shirts.  I'm looking for something that isn't too long that I can wear untucked cleanly with jeans, the only time I can stand the look of a dress shirt tucked into jeans is when I'm wearing layers.  But I also want the versatility to be able to tuck the shirt in and throw a tie on.  The PRL website says that the custom-fit is "Cut closer to the body, with shorter front and back hems", but how much shorter?   I...
Get a interval timer or alarm for your phone that can vibrate or beep every 5-10 minutes, and when it beeps make sure to fix your posture.  You'll start finding after a week or so that you don't have to fix anything when the alarm goes off.  Keep it going to build the good habit.     You can tell people you're close to, like girlfriend/wife or parents, that you're trying to fix it.  Ask them to tell you every time they notice it!  
Yeah, the American Crew jar kind of hides everything we need to see for a recommendation.  
-PRL Custom-Fit Dress Shirts.  I'm looking for something that isn't too long that I can wear untucked cleanly with jeans, the only time I can stand the look of a dress shirt tucked into jeans is when I'm wearing layers.  But I also want the versatility to be able to tuck the shirt in and throw a tie on.  The PRL website says that the custom-fit is "Cut closer to the body, with shorter front and back hems", but how much shorter?!     I know the typical solution to...
  Those probably aren't thick from the look of them.  I think they are too casual looking to wear with cream chinos, but I do think more of a camel color(the slightly darker tan colors) would work better.
  Cardigans, sweaters, blazers.  
I think your problem is the belt!  BB1 looks a little tight in the shoulders, BB2 looks better but are the sleeves too long or just poorly ironed?  It's hard to really tell without a couple angles!
Sahara, the white sole destroys the classic brown!
Like papa kot said, keep it simple.  I'm a big fan of lightly striped shirts, gingham, light blue shirts - and most of all white shirts.  For brands on the cheap side you can't go too wrong with most of the stuff sold at department stores like Macy's or Nordstrom's, but make sure to wait for sales.  A little bit of patience will get you much higher quality clothing and save you quite a bit of money.  Nordstrom's Rack, Plato's Closet, Outlet malls are pretty good too....