or Connect

Posts by newbiealden

Wow - did the seconds list just get a 50 dollar increase across the board? 375 for CXL? getting close to that point where buying new makes more sense for common models...
Whenever I wear my Aldens, I always feel like people are checking out my shoes - maybe I'm just staring at them myself - but do you think there is an odd appeal to Aldens? (regardless of the leather or last)
JCrew Alfred Sargent Double Monk Size 9.5 New in Box  (photos added to show how nice snuff suede is in varying light) These are direct from jcrew and not returns or outlet items   Paypal Only; $375 includes shipping   Family-owned UK cobbler Alfred Sargent has been making shoes in the traditional English manner since 1899. Our design team worked hand in hand with the cobbler to create this exclusive style, crafted from genuine Italian leather. Bench-made by master...
The Hill-side (hillside) natural duck canvas sneaker Size 9 Brand new in box Retail:$175 Made in Japan   -------------     Details: Shipping: USA only and Free to the lower 48 Payment via Paypal   I have a excellent ebay rating - so buy with confidence!
Brand new Converse Missoni Collaboration Limited edition; retail $200 Size 9   ---   Details: Shipping: USA only and Free to the lower 48 Payment via Paypal   I have a excellent ebay rating - so buy with confidence!
Brand New JCrew Kenton Pacer Boot in Sahara Suede Never laced up or tried on Size 10.5 Retail: $248   Details: Shipping: USA only and Free to the lower 48 Payment via Paypal   I have a excellent ebay rating - so buy with confidence!
Anyone know where I can get a crepe sole heel only replacement?  I'm in the Boston area.  thanks!
Anyone have heel slippage issues when wearing unlined barrie shoes? I already suffer from some (I have narrow heels) when wearing most Barrie's - concerned that the unlined will result in more heel space... Thoughts?
 I had a pair of service boots 2030 last in the same size as my barrie boots.  I will say the fit was looser than I would have ultimately liked - if you plan on wearing thick socks or have a wider foot overall you should be okay with the same size.
Thanks for the feedback all.  I was looking for a good everyday / bad weather day shoe and i think these will work (and get beat up along the way).  In the future, when I think about seconds - i'll think if its a flaw/damage that I could create in the first few wears - keep them; otherwise, send them back.  If they are not a standard alden makeup - that's a plus too. That said - i'm still willing to pay full price for the pleasure of being the first person to scuff my shoes!