or Connect

Posts by newbiealden

Thanks for all the comments on resoling - guess Viberg is the place to go - will probably have to judge overall cost of sending there vs. another shop and absorbing the risk of royally screwing up my favorite boots!
Thinking of getting a pair of service boots resoled - saw here that some say Bakers is a good U.S. choice - anyone know if they will reuse the existing holes in the upper?  I'm frankly scared that when i get these resoled i'm going to end up with a bunch of new hoels in the upper - drastically cutting down on the number of times the shoes can be complete recrafted.   Equally wondering if i should just have them converted to goodyear welts to give the boots some longer...
Couple of questions:   Is it considered a moral victory when the seconds list comes out and you don't immediately call TSM?   and.. does anyone know where you can pick up the thinner style flax wax laces that alden has started using more and more of?  I only cna find the thicker ones suitable for indys...   thanks
sounds like i'll have to go with my usual plan - keep them clean as long as i can so they fit the varying nature of my wardrobe - than "downgrade them" to casual only wear when those stains start to really set in!
Does anyone know if the reverse chamois will stain the same way suede does?  I'm always worried about raw denim stains ... my wife calls them first world problems and tells me they are just shoes!
Yes Barrie.. The split toe makes it appear a bit more narrow in the he toe box... And the single sole makes the overall profile a bit more dressy... All part of my plot to wear these in the office!
Had a chance to drop in to unionmade last week - great shop - couldn't resist picking these up...
Just a heads up.  I was at the Tannery Outlet in Boston (back of the store on the left - top shelf) recently and saw a pair of cigar PTBs for 50% off.  Size 8.5.  Looks like they had been tried on a few times with some creasing and minor scraps on the sole (it is an outlet after all).   Not my size or I would have been all over them.
Any have their viberg service boot resoled?  Does viberg do it?  My biggest worry is duplicating the double stitch and using the existing stitch holes.  Heard some others have ended up with single stitches when sending to other well known resoling places...
... is it just me or are those sample sale prices just a little too high?