or Connect

Posts by newbiealden

...same thing happened to me in in San Fran...
 ...so I just double checked the box and it did not say 379 on it ... (sorry to create noise - i have been hopped up on cold medicine).  However, here are are a few pics.  This is the boot sitting on top of the sole of my Indy.  As you can see the brooks brother boot sits "within" the welt stitching of the indy boot on the right and left.  These are the same size as well.  Maybe the boot is made on a trubalance last but maybe they have made it more narrow by sizing the...
the heel feels just like my barrie shoes.. not as wide as my indy's.  I notice this pretty quickly because my indy's are a little loose in just about every measure.
..so i picked up the Brooks Brothers suede boots - couldn't resist based on the semi-annual sale plus 15%.  Not sure i'll keep them though as i'm not sure about the crepe sole just yet.  I did see on this thread a few pages back that people were saying these were on the trubalance last.  The box they came in says 379x on it.  When i try them on they are definitely not nearly as wide in the toe box as my Indy's.  I'd even say they are slight more narrow than a similar sized...
Thanks for all the comments on resoling - guess Viberg is the place to go - will probably have to judge overall cost of sending there vs. another shop and absorbing the risk of royally screwing up my favorite boots!
Thinking of getting a pair of service boots resoled - saw here that some say Bakers is a good U.S. choice - anyone know if they will reuse the existing holes in the upper?  I'm frankly scared that when i get these resoled i'm going to end up with a bunch of new hoels in the upper - drastically cutting down on the number of times the shoes can be complete recrafted.   Equally wondering if i should just have them converted to goodyear welts to give the boots some longer...
Couple of questions:   Is it considered a moral victory when the seconds list comes out and you don't immediately call TSM?   and.. does anyone know where you can pick up the thinner style flax wax laces that alden has started using more and more of?  I only cna find the thicker ones suitable for indys...   thanks
sounds like i'll have to go with my usual plan - keep them clean as long as i can so they fit the varying nature of my wardrobe - than "downgrade them" to casual only wear when those stains start to really set in!
Does anyone know if the reverse chamois will stain the same way suede does?  I'm always worried about raw denim stains ... my wife calls them first world problems and tells me they are just shoes!
Yes Barrie.. The split toe makes it appear a bit more narrow in the he toe box... And the single sole makes the overall profile a bit more dressy... All part of my plot to wear these in the office!