or Connect

Posts by joshuadowen

Just wanted to let you guys know that our e-commerce site is finally live. Not trying to shill for business here, but if anyone wants to try our coffee, now you can.   https://squareup.com/market/revelatorcoffee
 The La Colombe Gesha is not bad at all. Expensive but good. They were selling it by the cup for like $6 I think, last time I was in NYC.
I was in Tokyo last April. The coffee scene there is so weird and interesting. 
There's no scenario where they don't end up killing off the Intelligentsia brand and folding the company into Stumptown. Literally no other way to make it work. No value is created by having two similarly positioned brands under a single holding company.
 Intelli is trying to sell to PE right now, but they are valuing themselves way too highly.
 It's confirmed. They are claiming that Stumptown will continue to operate independently, but no one should believe that for a second. 
FWIW, I'm hearing rumors that Peets just bought Stumptown.
For sure. Yelp sucks.   Trying to tow that line between quality and accessibility is the great challenge of third-wave coffee right now, particularly in newer markets. I do not pretend to have answers, but am working on it.
For sure, at the end of the day you serve someone a product and then it's theirs to do with as they please. Our approach is that we only have certain things available in the stores (whole milk, almond milk, half & half, simple syrup). We can't serve you something we don't have, but we aren't going to tell you how to prepare your drink.    This approach does not stop people from leaving negative reviews on Yelp about how we "refuse" to serve skim milk or vanilla syrup.