or Connect

Posts by RZach

This sale netted me a great country club blazer last year. I'd love to see suits this year at 40%, but I'm not holding my breath on that...
  I'd been in the non-urgent market for a new pair of sunglasses for almost a year, and RE had been one of the brands on my radar. When they showed up on Gilt last Friday I bit the bullet. 52mm aviator, bright chrome, gray polarized, bayonet temple. $99 (significant discount from retail considering the polarized lenses, although they can be had on ebay for close to the same price).   The 52mm was the only option in the aviator frame and I was worried it would be...
Groupon has a deal today for a $700 "custom" suit at Bryn Keith, a custom clothing retailer in Arlington, VA. I live in DC and hadn't ever heard of him, but spent a few minutes on their website. They indicate the suits get made in Hong Kong, so I'm assuming M2M, but there's not much information about construction (canvassed/fused is what I'm most curious about).   Search didn't reveal any prior threads, so I wanted to see if anyone here had ever dealt with them. I've...
Well obviously, but he wouldn't be here asking if he didn't realize that.
Given your options, I would go with gray trousers and a well fitting white OCBD. Brown or (a light brown/walnut) shoes would look good, matching belt. You could add some color with a watch that has a colorful nylon strap (like these from j crew http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/accessories/watches/PRDOVR~13837/13837.jsp)
I have lived/worked in both Houston and Charlotte at different times in my life. In Houston no one would bat an eye. In Charlotte, I think it'd look a bit more out of the ordinary. That being said, if your workplace is casual enough to wear jeans and a polo, then you certainly aren't going to be inappropriately dressed with boots. But I think you'd want a relatively subtle design and a lower heel to keep them from standing out more than they already will.
I was looking for these during that sale - any indication what makes this pair 2nds?
    Seems to meet all the SF-approved criteria (except maybe the flap back pockets on the pants?) and a reasonable price. Don't know anything about the brand, but I'd probably buy it if it fit me.  
IMO, I don't see any reason you couldn't add the Strands to your work rotation as well. Assuming you're in a business casual environment I think they're totally appropriate, and it helps accomplish your goal of having a few, versatile shoes.   Beyond that, some may disagree, but I think having one pair of conservative black shoes your'e happy with is a really safe way to go. If your'e going to ditch the ones you have, I think you probably need to buy new...
I received a BB brown harris tweed sport coat from my father in law for christmas. I really like the jacket, but am thinking it might be a tad short and that I'd prefer it in a long. The jacket isn't on the website and the 2 B&M stores I've been in since Christmas have not had it in stock. Is there an easy way to find out which(if any) stores still have this jacket in a specific size? If so, will they ship it to me locally to do an exchange? Never had to deal with this...