or Connect

Posts by DrHouse

If it's welted you can change to a leather sole. Leather is actually more pliable and less bulky unless it's a micro rubber sole which is the only sort I would wear. A GOOD local shoemaker can do the job if you can find one. Here's an example of what I call a micro rubber sole and appears to be the only one at AE. It gives the impression that it's a leather sole. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF3802_1_40000000001_-1   Anyway, as good shoe maker should be...
Foot size and width, like IQ, is on a Bell Curve. Even if 1/2 the people had a D width (and I'm not sure of this) it would still mean that the other 1/2 were narrower and wider and would vary going up and down with of course the AAA and EEE being very tiny. But the point is that if you're buying an expensive shoe why would you want to compromise on fit?
  Those only come in 1 width. No one buys a better shoes that you can only get in 1 width. No wonder so many of you on here are wearing ill fitting shoes  
I wouldn't recommend these type shoes because they are just plain ugly. Get a single strap instead. Something like this-   http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=523&Product_Id=736973&Parent_Id=522&default_color=BLACK&sort_by=§ioncolor=§ionsize=  
OK. So you'll be working in a place where you don't have to wear a suit. Perhaps the mailroom? Just wear jeans and a shirt, no one will be looking at you.  
Last Call is an outlet owned by NM just as Off 5th is owned by SAKS but that's the extent of it. The merchandise is all different and it's really another company. Made in China is not bad and today can mean Made in Hong Kong where high quality goods were always made. Cashmere is one of those items which if you don't get the top quality is hardly worthy of the name. Cashmere used to be difined as the undercoat from the neck area of the Kashmir goat raised in certain areas...
Write them in Spanish  
AE has always made some shoes that were 30-40% less than their regular line usually the more sport or walking types although even these were made like the regular line and had that 1 piece leather footbed (there were no removeable insoles that I know of) and of course they were made in the US. Shoes are made by craftsmen and it may not matter much where they are made as long as AE has good quality control and inspectors so being made in the DR or anywhere else is not a...
I think you're referring to that aromatic red cedar. There's also other cedars like Spanish cedar used for cigar boxes because it doesn't have a really strong scent and it's more subtle. I think that some of my very old chests use it and it still retains that nice smell but subtle not like the red variety. And yes, they do use beech, alder, lime (linden) etc in England but that's no reason they can't import the red cedar just like people import other products. Afterall,...
It really all depends upon your age and what you do. Someone in HS or college is going to be wearing a lot of casual or sports type shoes and having mostly dress shoes may just be a waste where you may not wear them very much. An older man who works as a lawyer may have a high % of dress shoes because he wears them all of the time and is  constantly using them although he too would have casual.