Posts by Patrick R

Mine is serving as a mid layer in snowy Chicago:
A few points in response: 1. "I really don't want to deal with blow-back from people who had no interest in my opinion"In the same way they may not want to read your opinion, you may not want to read their dismissal. But it's easily solved in that you accept before you write that not everyone is going to be up for it (you already know this to be true). If it is only valuable to you if the person that receives the criticism appreciates it, then this could be a show...
 I don't see why you don't just do that in this thread. Pop in and out as you want. Post feedback as you describe. This thread is perfect for that.
I am very intrigued by the combination of the blue linen stripe and the bespoke option.
You're responding to a guy that left the house today wearing a tie that was strangling his shirt collar to death, so I'm not above being wrong, but assuming there is some heft to the fabric, I dig the white shirt, especially with that tie.
Interesting, I automatically assumed the shirt was a thicker textured cloth - I assumed a thick oxford weave. I don't think the photos actually show one way or the other, but you may be entirely correct.
 I'm with you on the length being too short. I also think that they come off as too tapered. Either the thigh is too full or the calf is to narrow (and it simply may be the strength of the crease makes them look more tapered than they are), but I don't like the proportions along the length of the legs. All that said, they did not stand out to me as being off and I enjoyed the original pictures just fine despite the criticism we can both make toward the pants.
 What do you not like about the pants?
[[SPOILER]]  I would like to be able to "thumbs up" this one at least another 5 times. The interplay and coherence between the colors, patterns, textures, formality, etc. is really spectacular.
Don't let the tie/collar mismatch take away the attention from the Formosa pants. Every time I put them on I think to myself, "fuck, these are awesome."