or Connect

Posts by Patrick R

The swatch did not do this fabric justice. I immediately ordered once you posted this picture.
Sure. I went in last week to try on the coat before the buttonholes were cut. Chris asked if I thought the center button should come up a bit from where it was. I said that he knew better than I. He decided to move it up about a quarter inch. I asked if it was to align the button with the waist or something like that. He said no, he just looks and goes with what feels right. So this is what he saw as looking best for this coat.
 I agree with this advice as matching general conventions (particularly on this forum), but personally I prefer this scale pattern for what I wear. A larger scale would just sit unworn in my closet.
 You would need to ask Chris. I only know the jacket is W Bill and the pants are Scabal. He will have the details though.
The tweed is more appropriate for my climate than yours. :) Put one navy nailhead/birdseye suit and one rust barley corn jacket on the schedule!
I have him working on a gray herringbone tweed jacket and a mid gray flannel suit—both were fabric suggestions he made while we were starting work on this jacket. That is also how I got him started on the pants in the photos, he pulled out some fabric he likes and that he has been using for years and I said "let's do it."   Frankly, I would just go in and update him on how you are dressing, what gaps you may have in your closet, and ask him what he suggests.
It's a W Bill barleycorn fabric and it's a really nice weight. Light enough to be worn in the summer, but will be great most of the year. I went in asking Chris about making another jacket and this was his suggestion. As you have learned, it's always worth listening to his suggestions.
Here's a more casual look, but I'm particularly fond of the jacket (a new one Chris Despos made for me) and figured some of you may enjoy seeing it:    [[SPOILER]]
 With that in mind, here are a pair of pants and a jacket I picked up from Chris on Monday. The first shot is a decent representation of the fit and the second is a better representation of the colors and textures. These two pieces weren't intended to be a set, but the jacket is versatile enough that I decided to give them their maiden runs together.   I have another jacket and a suit in process, so I'll bring those to this thread when they are done. 
 I wish.