or Connect

Posts by Ack22

I just bought two (Edit: Black Label) suits from Off 5th. They weren't Zegna but are made with Zegna cloth...$750 for both. Not really sure who made them so be careful...don't want you to think your getting Zegnas when you're not. All I can see is that mine are made in the USA. They had some made in italy too. Can't tell if completely fused or half-canvassed but either way I'm happy. I'd like to think they're at least half-canvassed but I cant do the pinch test. ...
Yeah, I read that. I just googled and found this article which appears to be his side of the story (no idea if accurate): http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2012/7/1343446241.html Anyway: I would really like to see Jeff send one of his Baroni's to a reputable member here for dissection and evaluation. I'm interested to see where it stands against other suits that are more styleforum accepted (ie. Hickey Freeman mainline, BB 1818, etc...). Jeff,...
Here's the review I just mentioned which is more positive than I remembered: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/uncategorized/baroni-suits
I haven't tried a Baroni suit yet though I'm tempted solely for the claim that it's at least half canvassed at the low price-point (though it sounds like a JAB signature gold on sale might be comparable). I recently read the AAAC review by Andy and his review seemed fairly positive with a little bit of a knock at the same time...if I remember correctly it came off as its a good suit for what it is and it's target audience. It would be great though if Jeff could send a...
Can anyone confirm whether these suits (made with Zegna cloth) are canvassed, half canvassed or fused? I see a deal ending tomorrow at their outlet store where there is a BOGO free. Retails for $1,295 down to $749. So if I get 2 brings down to $375 per suit. They seem well made but I can't do the pinch test and sales reps there don't know anything. If it helps, I saw some made in USA and one or two were made in Italy. Thanks and happy New Years sf'ers.
Thanks chocsosa. I agree Hugo Boss is not worth the $795 price point but if you get on sale for $300something, like I did, than maybe. On the G&Hs I have I see they're made in the USA. I understand from another thread Hickey Freeman probably made them. Not sure if that's true and if they still do. I'd be interested in seeing the online custom suit makers added to the list as one category with each one ranked in the category. There's a bunch now and they seem to be...
Just throwing in my 2 cents....I'm a long time lurker and have learned a lot from this site and its contributors.  Biggest thing I've learned is I've made a lot of mistakes in suit choices.  Anyway, based on my closet and experience I can't really comment on the upper echelon of suits here (which to me is anything above "Good").   My closet: 2 Hickey Freeman mainlines (just recently purchased) 1 Cerruti 1881 (not sure what line but says made in Italy-at least the...
I notice my suits wrinkle at the back of the jacket....usually when I'm too lazy to take my jacket off before driving in the car.   Do canvassed suits wrinkle less in the back of the jacket than fused?   I hate to beat the canvassed/fused topic to death but I've never seen an answer to this.   Thanks in advance.