or Connect

Posts by MrMoonbeam

The JCrew  and LLBean models are nearly the same, but differ in the color, toecap, leather type, and cost depending on which one you are comparing. Otherwise they are near identical Chippewa boots.   (although perhaps not completely identical ;) JCrew:   LLBean:
+1   I had seen this same note earlier about Sno-Seal, but the big difference here is that the Bean boots have the soles stitched on (welted), not glued. Kudos to taking extra precaution, but no worries in this case.   "Modern uppers sit down on top of sole units and are glued on, not stitched."  Not here...    
Guaranteed to Last.  Return anything at any time you are unsatisfied.  Love it!! http://www.llbean.com/customerService/aboutLLBean/guarantee.html?nav=guarantee  
Damn!!  I must have missed that 20% somehow :(   Perhaps I'll get lucky in the next few weeks if they do an inventory sale.   The Engineer boots are on back order anyway until mid-February so I don't think it will matter when I order between now & then. Thanks for the info.    
I've found these online at other stores, and other than a missing captoe - aren't these the same boots for $20-$40...
Can I ask how you had gotten this at a reduced price?  Coupons, gift certificates, or perhaps an unposted sale?  I know they are having a 10% off sale through the 15th across the board. My hope is that they have a 30% off all shoes at some point, as they currently have on backpacks... I haven't seen any sales otherwise on the boots. Thanks!    
Wow - I'd love to get my hands on those beauties, but they are definately out of my price range.
Copied from Men's Clothing...     I've been looking at getting a great pair of boots for some time now that would last me years if I take the proper care. I've got in narrowed down to the Wolverine 1000 milers, and the Red Wing Iron Rangers. I've been leaning towards the Iron Rangers as I was able to try a pair on locally. I typically wear size 11, but found the size 10 to be the best fit overall, with some tightness in the toe box (slight) as well as the...
I've been looking at getting a great pair of boots for some time now that would last me years if I take the proper care. I've got in narrowed down to the Wolverine 1000 milers, and the Red Wing Iron Rangers. I've been leaning towards the Iron Rangers as I was able to try a pair on locally. I typically wear size 11, but found the size 10 to be the best fit overall, with some tightness in the toe box (slight) as well as the sides (very tight, but seemed to loosen a...