or Connect

Posts by sailawayforever

Rats.     Yes, exactly like you mentioned: given the choice of either optimizing for walkability or style, I'd pick walkability; so, I want a functional (read: comfortable) sneaker that doesn't look like the crap that everyone wears. CP Achilles look pretty awesome, but are pretty expensive for sneakers (but I'll still consider them.) The MMM GATs look pretty great; do any physical stores carry them in the US, do you know?   And yeah, I'm not looking to wear...
  Hmm, loafers might work, and they are certainly much dressier than any sneaker out there, but if I had to optimize for either walkability or style, I'd have to pick walkability. I don't think I'll be able to comfortably walk in loafers for a long distance. Thank you, though.     Wow, they do look pretty good! I'll have to consider those for sure. Thanks!     Thanks for that list—the GATs seem pretty great and I'll have to do some research on the rest—and sorry for the...
Hey,   I'm looking for a cloth messenger bag that can collapse down really well so I can put it in a travel bag.   I'm backpacking for about a year, and all the 'collapsible daypacks' that are available are awful looking nylon things.   So, I'm wondering if there are messenger bags (or just bags with straps you can wear on your shoulder), made out of cloth, that look great, and can collapse down flat to be packed in a travel bag.
Hey,   I'm going to be traveling for about a year or more, and unfortunately can't carry more than one pair of shoes—that is, I only have space on my feet to wear them, since there's no space in my backpack.   I'm looking for a pair of sneakers that is somewhat dressy, or at least looks more stylish on the street than some regular set of sneakers.   I want to be able to walk around for a while in them, so they have to be comfortable and somewhat...