or Connect

Posts by McBindle

You could study this technique for sewing and you might get the desired effect.  Iroh is a wealth of information on these matters.  Iroh, if you are out there could you please explain how you would tackle the OP's question?  
Today's details.  No full shot because the trouser fit is so off it would have resulted in burned retinas.   They were medium grey but would look better turned to charcoal. Bass weejuns on the feet to compliment the super trad scottie dog tie.  Double FIH too much?  
I agree with AAS on the notch of the lapel.  It is a little too curved for my taste but not objectively wrong.  This cloth looks very soft but with a "spring" back into shape.  What is it? Nicely done on tie width, collar point length and spread, and jacket lapel width - these are all harmonious.  Is the tie a corral color?  I can't tell from the photo about the front balance, we'll just take your word for it!  Is that a ticket pocket and are those all besom...
Here is today's fit.  Deeper colors.  I think the shoes and tie are pretty bold but not too matchy matchy I hope.  Those collar points need to be longer. Pants could probably be .25" longer.        [[SPOILER]]       For comparison in color depth, fit, and jacket proportions here is a similar fit from last week: [[SPOILER]]
"Excuse me, could you please sign in." Security Guard Monday.  The only flourish is a foulard.  I'll admit that the collar fit is pretty poor.  I think I should move those BB cuff buttons in for a tighter fit on the wrist.      [[SPOILER]]
Orgetorix - pebble grain and check sport coat are a great combo.  The tie is a little saturated on top of the white shirt but I'm sure you already considered light blue.  Button stance is spot on.   Uunottaja - I see where you are going with this but the proportions are off.  One's collar spread and/or trouser cuff should not be a greater width than one's lapels.  The palette is good.  The jacket's short length is obviously your preference and goes with the cargo...
Referring to CM?  If so, that was one of my first impressions of this fit.  The simple white linen square and light grey socks cool this look down so much and give it a more interesting character than with blue socks.  I would have gone with navy and a stronger rendering of cordovan on the shoe and that would have been predictable and boring.  To me the irony of this fit is that elements of a more formal fit - subdued palette, white square - are rendered casual by the...
Thanks for the positive critiques of yesterday's fit, guys.  Lots to learn here.  Biggest challenge I am facing is fit of trousers and shirts.  Gained weight in grad school, bought some clothes, then lost way more than expected ("world's smallest violin plays").  Result = cinched up trousers and roomy collars all around.    Here is today's fit.  No client meetings so went casual: cotton/linen blend unstructured jacket, raw silk square, loafers and the last of the knit...
[[SPOILER]] I really like the creativity with pattern and texture on this one.  The p-square pattern is completely unexpected but appropriate.  Textural contrasts are well done and the soft collar points (I am assuming there are no stays) bring suit cloth and square together.  Judging from the lift of the collar portion of your right lapel the cloth looks very light weight.  Is this right?  What is it? The past few weeks have shown the appropriateness  of the knit tie for...