or Connect

Posts by jhilla

I should add that it's by no means my most expensive suit.  It's just performed admirably.
I guess I'll go ahead and be the first one to say my favorite suit happens to be the one that fits me best.  But that isn't the only reason I like it.     I love that the fabric bounces back and holds a crease very well.  I love the weight of the fabric.  I love that it's a ready to wear jacket and has been going strong for over 5 years with weekly wear (sometimes up to 3 or 4 times a week).  I love the shoulder on it - soft but not unstructured, it also falls right...
This is actually about as restrained as Santo Barilla gets.  I like to call him "Pitti the clown".  Remember this picture?     Must have caught him in between fittings.  In all serious though, I do enjoy the fact he clearly doesn't give a shit.
  Her leaving and talking about Megan and the Doc as she did it was the true power play, lets be serious here.
For posterity...     Also, even more damning...   https://twitter.com/JHilla320/status/334668264502358017
I thought the scene in the bedroom with Megan and Don talking about his kids was very powerful.  Reminded me a bit of the emotion from what is, quite possibly, the greatest scene in Mad Men history, The Carousel.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suRDUFpsHus   I agree that the focus on non business related issues is a little disappointing but there is so much going on in the world at this point it can't be ignored.  Kinda wish they would just get rid of Betty and...
  Well, I guess that's part of the reason I like it so much.  There's almost a completely uninterrupted front with, in my opinion, quite a large amount of shape in the jackets due to the rounded quarters and what I'm assuming are his ironing skills.  Plus, after seeing his garments in person, I was really impressed with the fineness of the stitching and it's simplicity/rustic-ness.
  I think you may have misunderstood my intention of the word "clean".  I wasn't referring to clean in the sense of the cut (i.e., clean chest versus a drape chest).  I meant that pushing the front dart to a side position under the arm allows for the fabric to travel undisturbed down the front of the jacket, save a pair of jetted pockets.  Foo, CYOA (Choose your own adjective).
  As I don't have nearly enough experience with bespoke clothing I won't speak to the reason.  What I will say is that it creates an incredibly clean jacket and it's one of the biggest reasons that I love his cut.  Not only has the dart been moved to the side, it's also angled a few centimeters forward to mimic the line of the wearer's arm, pitched slightly. As a result, when you have your arms to the side, your sleeve covers that dart and the only break in symmetry in...
I recently had a chance to try on and inspect a Bespoke Liverano jacket.  I should mention that I was already enamored by his cut and the way he's able to create such an incredible shape without the use of a front dart.  It speaks to my OCD pattern matching side but also fulfills my desire for clothes that seem to have a life of their own, even when on a hanger.  I'll say that this jacket was one of the few pieces of tailored clothing that absolutely exceeded my...