or Connect

Posts by jhilla

Incotex Grey Tropical, Super 100's Wool Trousers, Size 32.   Milan model with alterations.  Ribbon at the hem with another inch of extra room.  Plain cuff, flat front, zipper fly, extended tabbed waistband, coin pocket, and belt loops.   Measurements in inches Inseam: 28 Outseam: 37 Leg Opening: 7.25 Rise: 10 Waist (laid flat): 15.5
Tie Your Tie seven-fold tie in 100% cotton.  Hand rolled edges, no interlining, untipped, high bartack, 8CM x 148CM.   Get your Franco Minucci on.   Free shipping to the continental US.
 Ah yes, we will have a new version (same model) of that coat as well as a double breasted model with mailbox patch pockets, which I'm particularly excited about.  Will throw up pictures as soon as we receive. All the best, Jeff
Drake's 70% Wool 30% Silk hand-rolled mughal print pocket square.  Made in Italy.   42cm x 42cm.
Drake's 100% Silk Exploded Paisley Tie in an 8cm width.  Handmade in London.  3-Fold, tipped, with a medium-weight interlining.
Thanks guys, I've come to quite like it and I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I got it as a shirt to wear casually, with no tie, as it doesn't even have a top button.  I stole the buttondown idea directly from Jiro - it was basically a copy.   And, c'mon those guys are wearing suspenders, A) with jeans and B) with friggin' belts, not the same at all!
  Eh, I'm not sure why this is such a point of contention for people.  I wear both and can see the relative benefits of each. I don't find clip-ons unappealing like some here do - in fact quite the opposite, I think they are somewhat charming. It's possible that people have started to associate clip-ons with The Armoury since a lot of our vendors wear clip-ons.  It's something that we've picked up on and adopted as well.  Salva wears clip-ons, Liverano wears clip-ons, Koji...
 It's their softest fused collar, the same one that we use on our 1-piece polo collar.  That being said, if I had to do it over again I might pick one step up, something closer to medium.  Hope that helps.
 No I don't think so, it measures 1.75 inches on my pair and the same on another sample pair with belt loops, so I think it would be fine. Jeff
 Hey D, that loop is actually just a single loop to hold the extended waistband, so yeah I can't really wear a belt with these.  They fit well at the waist though, so I can ditch the suspenders if need be.  The waistband is actually only a little bit taller than what I've found in most rtw (these are Ambrosi's house style).