or Connect

Posts by kenneth

Just bought a Gucci belt in Harvey Nic's sale for £70, 50% reduction. I have had a Mulberry belt since 1988, hope this one wears as well
The Beaufort Jacket is the one I always reach for. Just received mine back from Barbour having had it re-made and repaired. £60 well spent, jacket just like new and they re-waxed it as well. Very few companies offer this sort of service nowadays, more the pitty, first rate firm
Quote: Originally Posted by christian On the recent thread about the 5 things what every man needed, almost everybody agreed about the importance of a quality watch. I'm confused about what everybody means when they say a 'good watch.' What are the features that separates a good watch from a ordinary watch? When I think of something 'good' for clothing, I think of something that will have specs that will make it last longer. For example, how a canvased...
I came across this site recently which incloudes some quite outstanding haute holography pictures http://catalog.antiquorum.com/catalog.html
Quote: Originally Posted by appolyon Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions about shoes. I am thinking about purchasing a pair of shoes on line (from pediwear.co.uk - which I came across on this site), so what I have done is gone out and tried a pair in store at David Jones. I am looking at purchasing Loake, and a size 8 fits well. My question is does this mean that all Loake shoes in a size 8 and with the same fitting will be the same, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Britexpat Hi Guys, I have been wearing these work shoes everyday for the last 2 years and have just had new heels put on them. I always just use a buff up sponge with clear polish to clean them but now the shoes are starting to show scratches and scuffs. I want to clean them with a solid brown color but the stitching would also turn brown and once I do it, there is no going back to the original style with the white...
Quote: Originally Posted by swb120 Hi everyone - quick question: I seem to remember having read somewhere that the sizing of a good quality trench/rain coat is to be one size smaller than your suitcoat size (e.g. if you wear a 42R in a suit, you should wear a 40R in a trench coat). Is this true? Just want to confirm my correct sizing. I would also appreciate any recommendations on high quality trench/rain coats. I'm looking for a...
Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy Church's is currently one of the worst value propositions in footwear. They sell what are merely good shoes for the price of near-great shoes. Even on sale, they're overpriced. One of the biggest complaints is that they use too much corrected grain in their stock. That's probably why there's not much discussion of them, except to say that they were much better pre-Prada, and to say what I said above. Are...
Great pictures, totally agree the don't make them like they did , but there again- Bristol Blenheim Speedster
As JS Bach is my favorite comoser- period- no one comes close, then I guess I like baroque. But as far as decor is concerned I would lean towards George III and at the other end of the style scale, Arts and Crafts.