or Connect

Posts by MSchapiro

I actually found it reasonable to darken. Try Obenauf's HDLP.
 I do, although not in front of me. I recall the hazel being slightly darker, although the walnut got very close after a coat of neutral polish. More than close enough to wear together.
Color and amount of burnishing/ antiquing are up to you. My first pair, for instance, had much stronger antiquing compared to the tan ones above. I'd recommend you do one at a time (unless you're going with trial shoes) because even though the fit it is great (which I'd define as being as good as a well fitting Carmina last), it only become perfect on the second pair.
Yup. My last pair was Aurum lasted. These were a Japanese last he modified that he thought would fit my foot well (wide forefoot with a standard heel). You can see the difference between the two below.
Guess he is working on a Saturday. Picture of how the above single monks came out:    
Guess I'll share my latest project. Just a simple single monk for work in the summer.  
I think you may be richer than I am :).
Everything Antonio has made for me has always come out brilliantly, so I look forward to seeing yours. Mind if I ask what the Carpincho up charge was?
About what time?
You're over thinking it :). My MSc program had prep work too. Pretty much basic and useless stuff given to you in order to have common ground and something to discuss when the course starts or if there is a history of students not being prepared for the course work. Usually the former.  Most people don't take it too seriously.