or Connect

Posts by MSchapiro

Best advice would be to just do a paper tracing of your foot and ask Antonio your size. 
What size are you? I find the smaller sizes scale differently than with typical UK sizes. For instance I'm a 6UK/7US wide in most makers. Antonio moved me down to a 5.5 on his lasts.  Edit: I was mistaken. I wear the same UK size as my 6UK Carminas. 
I have a handful of high end shoes, G&G, St. Crispins ect, but it has really been Antonio's that continuously surprise me for how well they wear and how comfortable they are. Whenever you post I realize how much thought went into the construction. And as you point out he gets a lot of things right I didn't even know existed. While I like my other high end shoes, I always felt a bit underwhelmed. Are my St. Crispins really worth 3-5x the price of my Carminas? I can...
I don't disagree. Like I said though if the valuation was lower I would be willing to take a harder look at it. Never do a market order on a volatile stock. I learned that one the hard way buying some oil stocks a while back. I continue to add to my VRX position. For DD I'd recommend building a DCF and creating a sensitivity table to see what rate of earnings change the market is currently implying and determining if you think that is reasonable. 
Very insightful, thank you. Always great to hear your comments on construction. My guess would be Goodyear has the name recognition, hence it is what Antonio labeled it. Those who don't know are happy. Those who do will read that page (or your comment) and know they are getting something better.
If Twitter was much cheaper, this would actually attract me to it as a small speculative investment (sub $1-2k).  It's not an easy problem to tackle, but it's not impossible either. If tackled correctly it could also have great results. Building a big user base is far harder and more of a competitive advantage. Especially including multiple celebrities and the White House ect. The thing is, I'm not paying ~50% of the expected value on speculation. Same reason I avoid TSLA. 
 I appreciate the compliments guys.  Maybe one day it will be my retirement plan.  You're potentially looking at an incomplete situation with VRX. Look at GGP around 2008. If one just maintained a constant stream of buying then their total position could very well have been profitable over time. Most investors aren't able to maintain as a stock drops, however. I personally identify speculative opportunities and tranche in over time. Depending on the industry I'll set aside...
I purchased three new polos from S&M, while the quality is great I ordered a size too big. Then due to some unfortunate family events I sat on the return and passed my 30 days.     In size small I have: White Polo - Shirt Collar Heather Charcoal Polo - Shirt Collar Marine Blue Polo - Shirt Collar   They are all unworn and two still in their plastic, although one was tried on inside for a few moments before realizing it was too big.    I'll let them go for $60 USD...
Looks great. I like the sock choice too. 
A bit out of my current price range.