or Connect

Posts by MSchapiro

I am likely going to take the tax loss on GLF and move it into TDW once the shock wears off. GLF's results were far worse.  That said if you feel GLF will survive then it is cheaper than TDW relative to book value. I just don't like their lack of diversification in operations.
Wow that is beautiful.    I have a Valextra card case I am going to sell to fund a future purchase of one!
Potentially the reason for the negative market reaction today. I have moved virtually all of my volatility investments from short term to mid term.  Also if anyone is in for a laugh: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/06/science/exxon-mobil-under-investigation-in-new-york-over-climate-statements.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=first-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=1 Same NYAG investigating VRX. At the end of the day this stuff drives me crazy,...
One needs to check the sourcing of the hides. A lot of animals are now ethically sourced. I know last time in South Africa I met up with a friend whos family has a kudu reserve. The oldest Kudu are culled to keep the numbers down or hunted to meat so there are left over hides. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something similar with elephants. 
I think that is a misinterpretation of the business model. List prices are raised, gross prices are very different. As Mike Pearson has said in the last earnings call, buying mispriced assets isn't really in the business model going forward. It hasn't really been part of the strategy over the last few years either. In general the best way to think of Valeant is as a downstream pharma player rather than the traditional vertically integrated companies. Excellence in...
Why sell at the low point? It's the first time in a long while that valuations aren't looking crazy high. 
We're talking no real volume here other than one big buyer.  IMO I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few shorting algos at work given the constantly low volume. Whoever the buyer is has me impressed with their trading skill. 
Thoughts on ALFA? Given their holding my thought is that it is a good way to play the biotech rebound. 
I have a few pairs of Meermin.   Honestly I've never been happy that I bought a pair. Not nearly as comfortable so they get little wear and then stay less comfortable. Really only good for events where your shoes might get damaged.    I find my Carminas marginally more comfortable than my Aldens as they are lighter. I also find them more comfortable when I put them on than my Aldens, as it feels like my Aldens take some time to adjusted to my feet during the day....
I would be interested too. But I own a handful of both and I'm very certain it is accurate.  Only area where Alden beats Carmina is that Carmina's commando sole isn't so tough.