or Connect

Posts by MSchapiro

About $330 ish not including shipping. More I think is that people expend their income on that sale, not knowing there is another one coming. I know I had purchased a pair or two.
I think the generally thin lasts combined with small sizes and Carmina's own sale of small sizes, it's not a major surprise even if disappointing.
I have no experience with the MTOs, so can't really speak there, or even for the RTW as much as is simply my perception. You are probably both correct over me. At the same time, my e-mails to Meermin were never even returned (and these weren't exactly special order) on what I would consider a very serious issue that makes the shoes both unwearable and dangerous.
Do you guys have a London location, or just ship from there?
UMD is a solid school, and shared a dean with my masters program, but other than the rankings and one person I know who went there I know little about it. A recruiter in DC will certainly prioritize GWU and then AU, even if the rankings are better.   Distance plays a really big role in these things too. Despite going to arguably the best school in London, many of the MBAs and MScs have had no success in getting jobs through the general application pools in the...
While you have had a bad experience, it seems to be to be much less serve than what I have experienced with Meermin :). No nails coming through your floor bed or stiching ripping at the back, not to discount the problems you have. Also that was an MTO, where as I was referring to the RTW premium.
If you have a social life during the only week of sunshine London will probably see this year ;).
Agreeing with your whole statement, I find this point really interesting. In particular it is hard to describe, but there is certainly ease of use for the owner. My LM Meermin's require many trips to the cobbler and my classic line pair have their own troubles. My Carminas, while not hand welted, have virtually no trouble. It is completely in line with what you're saying about the making caring, because Carmina clearly puts more effort into QC than Meermin.It boils down to...
Posting here so I can find this one day when I can actually afford one :)
Your ROI will be higher with the lower tuition, so that makes it a strong option.   In reality school name only matters enough to get you through the door. I am not sure if any of those schools are targets for the top tier, so you are probably on a relatively level (and shitty) playing field trying to get into MBB from them.   My friend from AU law just landed an internship at the Treasury, so it's really up to the individual students. She does also say that the law...