or Connect

Posts by MSchapiro

Although not to me I completely agree with your points here about being better in aggregate. In the past 30 years we've raised, what, a billion people out of poverty? America is eating a smaller piece of a bigger pie. To some degree equity owners have profited from that and your average person is better off in regards to their purchasing power, but it has also led to many of the things I described before about the decline of American manufacturing. Effectively we needed to...
IMHO one of the best pairs of black shoes I've ever seen. Excellent choice.
I would argue this is already happening, although not that it is fully expressed yet. Corporations make 90% of the profits in the USA, which I believe is partially due to how few people they employ relative to the revenue they can generate. Without some other kind of industry, what is the middle class suppose to do? I also know from some contract manufacturing that is has become 50x harder to get things made in the US. Prices tend to be high and quality isn't always that...
Yes. Your economy needs to be diversified. Germany has no shortage of services while the UK massively lacks much manufacturing.  In my mind much of the erosion of the middle class in the USA is due to the disappearance of manufacturing and related industries.  That isn't to say manufacturing is particularly special or has to be in a certain area, right now America is just really a service economy. It needs to add a second tier again. As per BP, I like it but at the moment...
Subbing.
Maybe a bit of an odd request, but it would be great to see a solid blue and solid white poly blend shirt for custom.   While synthetics generally aren't preferable, for summer time a loose basket weave type synthetic is great for business travel and not offered by any other MTM maker here.
That is my hope too, without it the future is bleak. Shale had looked like it would help for a while. The problem, I think, is that it has taken much more than it used to in order to be truly competitive. We will never really be able to compete on cost for most items with China and SE Asia and low shipping costs only exacerbate that problem.We could capture plenty of mid market and advance share, but that requires something like what Germany has done in creating a union...
I am not so sure I buy the whole "China only copies" argument. Japan was the same for a while.   At the end of the day China has become the center of gravity for most non advanced manufacturing (which tends to go to Germany). They have started to develop true expertise in many of the areas that they just used to copy.   Huawei may not be Cisco, but it is no slouch.    I have been to China a few times, many of the decisions made to promote growth will come back to...
Waiting for a slightly higher VIX then going into XIV. Hoping there isn't too much of a ripple from these events. 
We will find out in literally the last moments of negotiations.