or Connect

Posts by MSchapiro

You should give fabric descriptions. Words like "bonkers" always make me want to buy things.
Ah I wanted one of those but ended up with the POW cashmere and the water resistant hopsack.  If anyone has a 38 lying around I could be tempted ;).
Bernards were some of my favorite jackets ever. The construction was just perfect.
He allows you to send him a scan of your foot drawn on paper.   Can't wait for these to arrive. Now will have brown, blue and black Meccariellos at my office. 
Glad it worked out. That said, Carmina takes a lot of MTO orders. Perhaps they should make a simple template that would prevent anything like this happening. Could literally be done in a day. In fact I'd do it for a cordovan boot ;).
When I think about it, the best thing for Carmina to do here would be to refund the MTO fee. Then you can decide if you want to keep the money or use it for a patina. This isn't really just a wrong shade of brown, but really a wrong color. I would remind them how many pairs you have bought and that you think this would be a fair solution for both parties. 
Thank you! Being 6UK I expect them to sit a while, so plenty of time for a budget to recover ;).
Talking broad cultural experience on my end here. Don't get me started on the UK.Anyway those shoes actually don't even really look brown to me. Your best bet is to send them to Dandy Shoe Care or another patina artist, you just won't get them there with cream.
I think there is a difference in expectations between the US and Europe. In the Southern European countries I've always found that as long as something is delivered defect free and close to spec it is considered fulfilled. In the US, or Germany for example, a wrong shade would be considered a serious deviation that requires compensation.   Sucks to spend a 50% premium and have that many shoes with Carmina and still not get excellent service, but I've found it is a hard...
I have a few pairs of Carmina I picked up but haven't had a chance to wear yet. I don't have a particular urge to sell them, but figured I'd put them on here at a price where I'm willing to let them go rather than sit on my shelf. Prices are cheaper than buying from Gentlemens Foorware, Carmina and Skoak and you don't have to deal with shipping from outside the US. Willing to take offers, but prices are only somewhat negotiable.    Burgundy Swan Neck Oxford, Rain, 6UK,...