or Connect

Posts by MSchapiro

I have a similarly inspired pair based on Carmina made by Meccariello. Surprisingly versatile. 
In general yes, but I don't have a problem with Dainite indoors when wet and I do find it to be a great poor weather sole, which your last sentences seem to disagree with. We may have a different definition of "poor weather" though.
writing here so I can find this post later, likely want a few buttons.
I disagree, I find Dainite to be a great poor weather sole, I find it to be a bad adverse weather sole (as poor as leather, if not even slightly worse on smooth ice). When it is snowy or icy a commando is best. NYC/Boston/London are all really rainy cities, but they don't snow too often without warning, so I find I have a preference for good wet weather soles.It really is preference though. I've been fine in drizzles with leather soles.
I am in the same boat. For the price you can always take a gamble. If you buy something in 44 and it doesnt fit someone here will take it off your hands at a discount, so the cost to try isn't that low.
While I am not a leather fan for weather, I will point out that it does offer its fair share of options that Dainite does not.   One can always put a vibram sole on top. Either a topy style or a more aggressive, yet low profile, lug style. You won't have the flexibility or true waterpoof nature of a dainite, but it would be pretty damn close.
While I am not sure, based on the shoulder fit I got I would say seem to seem. Even with the tailoring it is still a good deal though. Since you are in LA you shouldn't be afriad of buying your first one at Khakis to get your exact size down.
I'd disagree with you on that. I find wet leather to start to degrade very very quickly and become slippery on smooth surfaces (ex. the banks where a handful of SF members work).
Obscure expression perhaps. It is impossible to know the different fits without trying them first, as without english translations you are guessing which is which.
Interesting. Carmina doesn't actually use Dainite, they use their own version. I found it super comfortable after a few minutes.