or Connect

Posts by raggedsweater

Interesting.  I found a used pair of Gieves and Hawkes on eBay and this is exactly how the balmorals fit. 
No, it's not a joke.  I went with a belt for a wedding I shot a couple of weekends ago.  Lots of positive comments about the camera strap - there are a lot of awful, "techie" looking straps out there.   This looks very nice, actually.  I've seen people carry a DSLR on one side and a medium format film camera on the other.  My cameras and lens probably weigh about 10 lbs each, for what it's worth... lenses still weigh the same, if not more since there are mechanical...
I found a decent pair of Church's chukkas on ebay Here for $150 + shipping. Feel free to tell me if I overpaid for them. Back in college, I yearned for a pair of Banana Republic square toe angle boots - by square toe, BR meant they were pretty clunky, too. After pining after them for 2 years, I finally paid $120 for them. Now, more than a decade later, I am a bit wiser and was in need of something to replace that old trustworthy pair. I mean, those BRs really lasted -...
I found a decent pair of Church's chukkas on ebay Here for $150 + shipping.   Feel free to tell me if I overpaid for them.  Back in college, I yearned for a pair of Banana Republic square toe angle boots - by square toe, BR meant they were pretty clunky, too.  After pining after them for 2 years, I finally paid $120 for them.  Now, more than a decade later, I am a bit wiser and was in need of something to replace that old trustworthy pair.  I mean, they really lasted -...
What I've found at a lot of young startups these days is that the CEOs can be downright stylish.  There's a hipster subculture of techies emerging, especially if the company is average aged in the mid-30s to 40s.   You've been there twice.  If you notice a somewhat quirkier atmosphere and if it's also part of your personal style, you could dress your suit up with some character - colorful socks or a less conservative tie.  This works to be your benefit in a couple of...
When shooting weddings, I want to still look sharp.  I picked up one of these to carry two camera bodies.  My question, however, is whether I should treat this as if I was wearing suspenders.  So should I wear a belt or no? (photo is not me)      
Are they really that bad?  I thought they looked kinda cool.  I'm wearing them today and they look normal now.  I'll take new photos?
If you buy shirts from JosBank, then wait until there's a promotion where the shirts sell for around $30.  Never buy anything there at full price.  Pay more than $30 for a shirt only if you don't have the time or patience to wait for a sale promotion.  They have new sales every couple of days.    Also - I just discovered that they recently started offering "slim fit" shirts, in addition to the tailored fit variety.  The new slim fit shirts fit me better, but are...
I found this pair of Gieves and Hawkes and I decided to make an offer.  Offer accepted and I just received the shoes.  They seem to be pretty decent quality.  I paid $80 for the pair... Does anyone know about Gieves and Hawkes regarding quality?   Thanks.   Here's a link to the post, which should still be up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140864659589?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Winters can be harsh in Boston and I do walk with snowfall to the train station.  I'm really attracted to getting a cashmere coat, but not sure if their lighter weight and thin-ness would hold up to the weather.    I think implicit in my search for a coat and in my post above... sizing varies significantly depending on the brand name/make.  I've put on 38S from different makers and definitely have found some roomier than others in the shoulders.   I could have...