or Connect

Posts by feynmix

Quote: Originally Posted by yesnoyes Wear a cowboy hat? Last time I wore a cowboy hat, it was as a part of my Halloween costume. Quote: Originally Posted by JoelF Easy access to the Canadian Rockies, Banff, Lake Louise, those places. Awesome scenery, great hiking, skiing, climbing. Lots of Japanese tourists. Probably very low on fashun booteeks. Hi there! Have you been there before? Have an onsite interview...
Have an interview later today for a position based in Calgary, Canada. Please enlighten me about the social life, food, and drink of this city. Thanks much.
Quote: Originally Posted by ndw +1 Best I have ever had is L' As Du Falafel in le marais in Paris. The falafel, house made harissa, and house made lemonade are all the best I have ever had. I live in the US and actually took a trip to Paris last year just to eat at this place again. I ate there three or four times in a day and a half. Berthillon ice cream- some of the best ice cream in the world- is right around the corner as an added...
Congrats Mr.G!
Quote: Originally Posted by crazyquik NO NO NO NO NO NO NO You negotiate the stock option plan/vesting of equity before going in. If you don't meet the targets or timeline, you don't get anything. Thus, it costs them nothing. And at this point, their equity isn't worth much anyway. You'll also want as much anti-dilution as you can get. To be the cynic, is sounds like they want free/cheap labor, and if you wouldn't have came to SF, they'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by newinny It sounds like your goal is to accrue a good experience that will get you into b-school and then return to a better job in finance. Not a bad idea but the b-schools measure applicants on demonstrated, measurable success: promotions, sales figures, salary increases, etc and not the quality of the experience. There might also be questions about your commitment to a career path after taking such a radical...
Quote: Originally Posted by Reevolving So, you want to leave finance to sell lanterns? (Yes, I am being intentionally obtuse) In a word, yes. Work for a startup that sell lamps. I would work as their sales lead, basically driving their bulk sales across india and africa. There will be room for some really creative thinking, starting up some sort of micro-financing programs for the poor, establishing partnerships with other organizations to...
Any good sales going on for suits in the NYC area? Need a suit in 38R really soon. Thanks.
are these still available?
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 To me, the idea of working for a start-up without a very clear understanding of how equity is built would be a complete non-starter - what's the point exactly? You're signing up with an employer that may well be bankrupt in a year and you're only getting a salary? I would make sure your contract provides for options in various tranches that vest over time and upon reaching specific goals. Yes it is possible but...