or Connect

Posts by feynmix

Quote: Originally Posted by cchen Gf and I broke up a few days ago, after about 3.5 yrs. Complicated situation as we live together and I may be taking a job that will take me to Hong Kong. We moved in together about a year ago but I just started a job that I hated and after a few months was just checked out, from the relationship and the job. From both sides I guess we got too comfortable and didn't work much on the relationship and got too complacent....
Quote: Originally Posted by someotherstyle You two guys are bang on. As a person pretty deeply involved in the O&G sector, I travel between Calgary and Edmonton on a regular basis. It's definitely more white collar than Edmonton, but don't get your hopes up for a stylish, suave city. Bardamu has the typical Albertan pegged. I still get strange looks and the "what is that weird piece of silk hanging from your neck" (you mean my tie?) questions more...
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness At 24, I think you are right. If you have the means to stay afloat until you find a job, you speak Hindi (or Urdu, or whatever), and are not particularly attached to a partner or career here, I think you should go for it. Just be prepared to deal with the fact that while your wage relative to cost of living in India may be acceptable, internationally you may be earning a pittance, which should influence your...
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness Really? What is the average yearly wage of a middle-class job in New Delhi or Bombay? Not a lot. The life is definitely tough in India - no denying it. India is a place of extremes - some people make more money than they know what to do with it but there is also a huge portion of the population that still lives below the poverty line. I am thinking of moving there just to get out of my current job...
I am probably going to move back to India soon. Grew up there for the first twelve years of my life, and have been living in the US for another twelve years. But with the job market the way it is, job opportunities and life in India is looking pretty good right now.
Quote: Originally Posted by whiteslashasian I've been using Village Cuts lately and have been very happy with the results. About two months ago my GF suggested I try going to one of those "fancy" places that offer cappuccino while you wait, massage your head and neck (that actually felt really great) and charge an arm and a leg for a "superior haircut". $80 later I had a haircut that I was not happy with and my GF agreed. Going back to Village Cuts...
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS Perfect. I was reading reviews online regarding Astor Place, apparently Irina is pretty good? Have you ever had your hair cut by her? I have been getting my haircut at Astor place since i moved here - so about 6-8 times now. I just walk in, ask for a cut, and they point me to whoever is free at the time. The place is huge, and the barbers don't necessarily work there everyday. If you are looking for a...
Astor place for $15.
Quote: Originally Posted by whiteslashasian I'm only in if I get to meet Metro in person He probably has a date set up with one of his online cuties.
Quote: Originally Posted by WoodyStylee Thats how I feel about living in Miami. Prior to Miami, I lived in Williamsburg Brooklyn for almost a year, and loved every second of it. Thinking about trying Manhattan out for size since the money I used to spend on cabs getting back to BK probably evens out the rent costs. My only remaining hesitation is leaving a typical office environment, and working from home in NYC. Obviously a huge...