or Connect

Posts by CharlieAngel

Just wanted to give my 2 cents: Got my trainers yesterday, already put 10 miles in them. Love them. When I come back from my vacation next week, I may order the rest of the colorways if they still have my size. Shit.
Got my Camel Herringbone chinos the other day. The fit is a bit snugger than the denim, but I like it. The fabric is pretty danged nice. I really wish I'd ordered the Olive as well, but so it goes with trying things first. I also received the Horween wallet. It's very nice as well, definitely one of my favorite purchases from Gustin. Now just waiting on that shipping notification for the Heavy Coffee Chinos.
Any word on a date for the "chrome" trainers arrival?
My shipping updates I see on my orders page really remind me of "You'll have your stuff by the end of the week; a month at the latest" and still misses the month caveat. :P Got two pairs of chinos that've been in the queue for awhile, last update on 3/18 says everything will be shipped within 7 days.. it's the 8th day now.. I don't really mind the wait on the denim since I already know how they fit, but I've had to prevent myself from backing any more chinos until I...
Just throwing it out there, if you guys need a guinea pig for a XXXXLish shirting option, I'm your huckleberry. Barrel chested men of the world, Unite!
IE The *best* line in the world. (Seriously, something about living in a town where jeans and a t-shirt can be considered interview appropriate...)
For sure. More power to them and to those that will. It's not my money, but then again, a lot of folks wouldn't spend the kind of money i spend on things like Aldens or non-Gustin denim.
To be fair, having owned quite a few J Crew shirts and a single Gustin shirt for fit test (no dice), I think the Gustin shirt is a little nicer. Small details like the horizontal bottom button whole with the contrast red stitching, the rear collar button made me happy; I had no qualms with the Gustin shirt and given an identical price point, I'll take the Gustin all day, every day, unless I'm in an emergency "must buy shirt right now" situation. Some people don't care...
Ratioclothing.com seems to use the same fabrics* and is MTM to boot. They're not too much more expensive, sewed in NC. Gustins "details" are a little better and I think they have a more robust fabric selection (I'm pretty enamored with Gustin's flannel selection), but Gustin shirts don't fit me and MTM does.. Ratio will also sew up a shirt in your own fabric, but it'll cost you :: looks at my liberty of london MTM blouses ::*see Gustin "Midnight Plaid" and Ratio's...
Picked up and wore my black high tops yesterday. After re-lacing, they fit great. Question: where does one purchase the flat waxed sneaker laces used in these (and other higher end sneakers)? The length is 54", just need to find the laces. My usual lace shops either have the really skinny flat laces for dress shoes, or waxed round laces for sneakers, but no flat waxed laces for sneakers. I need some colors. Also, are these high tops coming in any different colorways...