or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

You're right - didn't notice that. The Spectre model has a "0" instead of a pearl on the bezel and no "12" on the dial, as it instead has an oversized "Omega" logo. 
 I don't know if anyone here will know the answer, but apart from a) the NATO strap and b) the "lollipop" seconds hand on the Spectre version, is there any actual difference between the regular Seamaster 300 and the Spectre edition?  Of course, I know that the Spectre edition is a limited edition (although it's limited to "only" 7007 models, so not that limited), but Omega's listed price for the Spectre is almost $1300 more than the regular Seamaster 300 - $8875 vs $7700....
^ I was reading about that somewhere just a day or two ago.    Apparently, he was wearing two watches - the Bulova and a Speedy Pro - as the extra-vehicular excursions using the lunar buggy were going to mean that the astronauts would be away from the landing module for some time and so he wore two watches just in case one broke or started running slow as, of course, they didn't want to risk running low on air supplies.   
 "It's like deja vu all over again!" Edited to add: Damn! Beaten to it by fxh. Oh, the ignominy! 
 I just had a distinct feeling of deja vu while reading that!
 Before I put on some weight once I hit my thirties, I used to have a 32" waist but due to cycling and soccer, I had large thighs and a large backside. I typically used to get trousers with a 34" waist and then have the waist taken in, as I found that easier than getting trousers with a 32" waist and having them let out.
 Congratulations on the job - that must be very exciting. I must admit, though, that I'm surprised to hear that everyone at your new firm dresses immaculately. I know quite a few people who work at large, national or international law firms and while there are always a few, well-dressed men, the vast majority of them are dressed in a pretty average manner. The general standard of dress is corrected-grain Florsheim and Aquila shoes and suits and shirts from Rhodes &...
 Well, the other option, although perhaps unappealing, is simply to put up with imperfect shirts that are slightly baggier than ideal for the time being and to get MTO, better-fitting shirts down the track. The reality is that as long as the collar fits and as long as the waist doesn't billow out alarmingly, then no-one at all will notice.
 Interesting to see how a bracelet change can really change the feel/look of a watch. I've never loved that iteration of Seamaster on the OEM bracelet, but I think that it suits the retro look of the mesh bracelet and I like it.
 It looks like a wooden toy boat.  I don't hate the hull, but I do think that the ship's wheel and binnacle/arrangement to hold the wheel are absolutely hideous.