or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Certainly does - Ed also does MTO jackets and suits (single- and double-breasted).
 I suspect that you're right when you say that the larger the pattern, the more difficult it is to line-up or pattern-match. However, as you've pointed out, the jacket is oddly mis-matched. On the right-hand-side of the suit (to the left of the photo), the pattern at the sleevehead is almost aligned, but the pattern at the gorge, where the collar meets the lapel, is not aligned. Then, on the left-hand-side (to the right of the photo), the pattern at the sleevehead is not...
 Great stuff, Foxie. When are you going, and where are you thinking of travelling while you're there?
 I plan to, although I probably won't read it immediately, but will rather wait a little while.  I re-read "To Kill a Mockingbird" a few months ago, having not read it since primary school, and was reminded of how good it is. Of course, in the "Mockingbird", Atticus Finch is set up as being an almost unbelievably good person, and it appears that, in "Watchman", he's either changed as he has aged or Scout now has the perspective of an adult and so can appreciate that her...
Article from the NYT about how watches with sub-40mm cases are making a comeback (which I, personally, think is great news if accurate):   http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/01/fashion/mens-style/are-you-man-enough-for-a-small-watch.html?_r=1
 Two problems with them: 1) They're not cheap (at least in Australia) so you may as well just shell out for something decent; and2) All of the models that I've seen look pretty awful and clunky, or look very hippie-ish, or both. 
 That's an interesting question. I'm sure that he's not the only place that does something like that as, for many smaller makers, it would be prohibitively expensive for them to make the ebauches and the cases, and so they would have them made to their spec elsewhere and then assemble the parts themselves.  In fact, if I remember correctly, this is what Panerai used to do many years ago - the cases were made by Rolex and the movements were made somewhere else in...
 I was thinking of it but decided that it wasn't worth the effort.
 Sadly, a lot of "fashion journalism" (if that isn't an oxymoron) nowadays is just lumping together a lot of expensive brand names and, for added points, dropping the names of a few, supposedly stylish, people who wear those brands.
 I'd have thought that there'd be a lot of dough in baking - maybe you're doing it wrong?