or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

As long as the collar is a reasonable size (ie not ridiculously small, as is the unfortunate trend nowadays), then I like them. I bought a few button-down collar polo shirts from Uniqlo two or three years ago and they're holding up well and get a lot of wear in summer. The collars are made from the same fabric as the body of the shirt and so they don't stretch and curl like the traditional polo shirt collar tends to do, and the button-down style helps the collar to stand...
Yes, I got an e-mail about it a couple of days ago.    Rather odd, considering that LE spent the last couple of years running the Canvas sub-brand down and letting it fade into obscurity. I thought that was a pity as I had a few polo shirts and pairs of chino shorts from Canvas that fit well and lasted for years.    They seem to have increased their prices for the Canvas range, too. 
  There's another Hungarian shoe store, Rozsnyai Shoes, just a couple of doors down from Vass, too. Like Vass, they offer a combination of "classic" (ie fairly chunky shoes in a Budapester style) and more contemporary styles.
@jcmeyer - I know that you're already in Japan so I'm coming to this late, but I've been away in Japan for the past two weeks and so missed the discussion!   I've got a Word file with some thoughts on Japan that I'll try sending through to you via a PM shortly, so if you're checking SF, please let me know if you get it.   With regard to an itinerary, I'd spend more time in Tokyo and Kyoto, and less time in Osaka. Simply put, once you've spent time in Tokyo, Osaka is...
Last week in Japan:  
 Nice blog - it's good to see some of the details of your woodworking, including the tools you use and the steps you take. 
Saw this on a plane last week:       I'm quite embarrassed to admit that it's the first time I'd seen The Departed. A fantastic movie, based on an Andy Lau film from HK ("Infernal Affairs", which I had seen years ago) and also loosely based on the real-life story of James "Whitey" Bulger, an Irish-American criminal from Boston.   Many stand-out performances - Di Caprio was perhaps the best I've ever seen him, Nicholson chewed the scenery a bit but was great in his...
^ Only ten days this time.   Due to school holidays, we usually only go in the middle of summer or winter, so it was nice to go in spring and to see the cherry blossoms for a change. 
 Speaking of Japan, I just arrived back from a family trip there.  Nothing clothing-related to share, unfortunately, as the only clothing store I managed to get to while I was there was Uniqlo!  However, we were there for the cherry blossoms for the first time in 11 years, which was great. We also ate far too much food and generally indulged ourselves.  
 You can never have enough flanges.