or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

I agree that RTW lasts aren't guaranteed to fit, but at least if you've got one model in your size, you've got a pretty good idea that another model in that last and size will fit you, too. Unless the bespoke shoes are made to a higher level of quality than the RTW models, or unless they have some sort of special feature or design that isn't available in RTW models, I really don't see the point of getting someone else's bespoke shoes, even if they might be in pristine...
  They look lovely, but I thought that they were going to be 9cm, whereas the measurements on the site state 8.5cm? The brown one, in particular, is very tempting.
 Each to their own, but I personally don't understand the attraction of buying bespoke shoes that were made for someone else. Not only is there a risk that they'll be the wrong size (as noted above, finding out the size is largely guesswork), but the person for whom they were made may have entirely different from yours so they might fit you very poorly. Sure, they're bespoke, but they're not *your* bespoke, they are someone else's bespoke. Much better to buy a pair of...
 I've got a pair of navy suede chukka boots. They're certainly not a mainstay of my wardrobe, but I do wear them quite a bit with chino pants or with jeans.
 GF, is that Paperchain at Manuka? I went there a couple of years back as I was staying nearby at the Hotel Realm and picked up a few books, including The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiessen and Lustrum by Robert Harris. They were having a sale then, too, and I had to restrain myself from buying too much as I'd only brought a carry-on bag. It looked like a nice store.
 Are you on the right or the left? 
 I bought a pair recently, too, and am eagerly awaiting their arrival! Like RogerP, I'm surprised that they haven't sold out, given that they are a) cheaper than comparable plain-toe blucher models in shell cordovan from C&J for RL and Alden; and b) they are in a great colour that isn't commonly available at present given the apparent shortage of brown shell.
 U-boot? 
 Well, don't keep us in suspense - you've got to at least give us a list of your collection, if not some photographic evidence, so that we can then obsessively nit-pick it, point out its shortcomings and recommend at least 15 other pairs of shoes that you must have so as to improve your collection!
 Well, in addition to this thread (the one that you're in), there's also the "Carmina Shoes: Reviews, Sizing, Photos and more..." thread here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/241469/carmina-shoes-reviews-sizing-photos-and-more