or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

That's uncanny - you don't post on Whirlpool, too, do you?!?! ;-)
 +1 to everything that LM said.  If you're into marketing via social media, then certainly Instagram seems to have jumped ahead of Tumblr as a means of reaching clients.  However, if you want to share photos, then Tumblr is still a very, very popular platform for photo sharing and is definitely superior to Flickr in terms of sharing photos.  They're each superior in their own ways.  I think that one reason why people prefer Instagram for social marketing is that IG is like...
 Calvanous, or Calvinist? Anyway, it's not surprising that no-one responded in depth to your posts on religion. Everyone knows that FB/Instagram/Tumblr are all for posting self-promoting rubbish, not for serious religious or socio-political discussions!
 I really enjoy using SF and I appreciate the effort that goes into running the place, including by the volunteer mods. With all respect to Fok, though, ruling out the need to have a minimum number of posts before you can start a thread, as he's worried that it might deter new users, is to my mind a bit disrespectful of the volunteer mods. There's a clear tension here - SF is a money-making venture for Fok (and I don't begrudge him that) so he doesn't want to dissuade new...
 Cox, I had a quick look and you've got some nice photos, but (just me personal opinion) your Tumblr would look better and tidier if you put up photos separately instead of putting lots of disparate, apparently unconnected photos into long posts. As an example, when you put up a photo of (say)  a watch, your post only consists of a couple of photos of said watch, and you then tag the post with posts such as "watch"; "Patek Phillipe", "Tourbillon", or whatever other tags...
 Yes, it is frustrating. I hesitated to purchase anything when they first opened the online store as I wasn't sure of fit and now there's hardly anything "classic" left in stock. With the new website, you can choose to sort by collar, pattern, fabric and so on so if you like, you can choose the fit that you think will suit you and then filter by button-down collar and oxford cloth fabric to narrow down the selection (and with the current selection, it certainly will narrow...
 Most certainly "yes" to the university stripe OCBD, as they used to have a range in several different colours, including a green stripe that I really wanted. I'm pretty sure that they also had pink OCBD shirts, too. Unfortunately, they don't seem to replenish the stock on the online store often or, if they do, it's frequently in cloth that I don't like, such as dobby or twill.
 Personally, I think that Freddy Mercury is arguably the greatest singer in the history of rock and roll. Yes, there are plenty of other great singers, but no-one else that I can think of (although Jeff Buckley comes very, very close) had the sheer vocal virtuosity of Mercury, as well as his flair. I do agree that Bono is a very good singer and performer. "Boy", "October", "Under a Blood Red Sky", "War", "Unforgettable Fire", "Joshua Tree", and "Achtung Baby" were all...
 This might be an obvious point but don't forget that just because the card has a high limit, that doesn't mean that you have to use it up to that limit. You can also pay off the balance by the due date to avoid interest fees etc.
  DB, the Sutor Mantellassi chukkas look nice. Well done.  I'd just slap a bit of RM Williams leather conditioner on them and leave it at that for the time being. They look quite casual, so they're not the type of shoes that you'd want to give a high shine so I wouldn't worry about polishing them up.  With regard to alterations, I've heard that George at Richards & Richards (now located in the James St precinct near the Valley) is currently able to do external alterations...