or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Tend to agree with this - it would most likely require a lot of adjustment to jacket and trousers if you've lost 17kg (depending on how heavy you were originally, I suppose) and it might not be possible to get a good result.  As CD says, get an opinion from a good tailor, but be prepared to be told that you might have to start afresh. 
 I don't know where it's from, but both the storage unit and the rug look very, very Ikea-ish. 
 What's the clasp like?  Most clasps/buckles can be swapped over pretty easily when you swap over the strap, so it shouldn't be a problem as long as you buy a strap with the same dimensions.  Hirsch make decent and affordable straps. Quite a few jewellers/watch stores will stock some, or you can order them from overseas sites such as Watch Obsession: http://www.hirschstraps.com/ Quite a few other decent strap companies out there, too, so measure up your existing strap and...
 I've seen a few Steinharts posted in this thread, so there are certainly people here who have and wear them. My feeling, though, is that they are a bit too "knock-off" in design for my tastes. They've got models which, absent the "Steinhart" name on the dial, are absolute dead ringers for a couple of Rolex models and that's too much similarity for me. I'd rather get a well-made, original Seiko diver than a watch with an identity crisis. 
 Yes, I don't particularly like the faux-aged look, either. I don't think that the Oris is as egregious as the Omega Seamaster, but it would be better without it.  I was thinking of recommending a vintage (or a "NOS") Omega Seamaster 300, as Kaplan just did, but the prices nowadays are becoming pretty ridiculous. $4-5000 for watches that were selling for less than $2000 a couple of years back and which, to be frank, are not old watches - they're old movements in new cases,...
 I tend to agree, particularly for that kind of money.  Speaking of diving watches, I saw that Oris has introduced a new, old version of their "65" diving watch, that harks back to the style that they made back in, well, 1965.  Old:  New:  You can also get it on a leather, rubber or NATO strap. 
^ Interesting.    When you're sitting in the little courtyard on one side of the tree, I wonder if you can see the person taking a shower in the bathroom on the other side of the tree? 
   Oli had to get rid of it because it was green, rather than black or grey, so it didn't go with the rest of his wardrobe. 
  There's a lot of the talk about "bespoke" in the Australian media concerning P.Johnson but they are really made-to-order. There are certain things that you can change but other things that you can't change in their designs. When you go in for a fitting (at least when they're doing a trunk show) they'll put you in an existing suit of theirs in your usual size and then make notes as to the adjustments that it needs, so I certainly wouldn't call it bespoke. I haven't used...
 True, but then it's not trying to win a "most attractive jacket" award. Instead, it's aiming at a more "trad" or "ivy" aesthetic. Of course, it'd probably win more fans if the outer layer was blue, green or brown/tan, instead of orange! Where's it from, GF?