or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Do you ride a motorbike? Preferably an off-road bike? If not, then the answer should be clear. Unless, of course, you're going to wear it with brightly-coloured trousers, plenty of beaded bracelets on both wrists, an AP Royal Oak or Panerai watch in amongst the bracelets, and unbuckled double monks. If so, you should go for it.  Damnit! Why didn't I think of this in previous years? I use a bag/briefcase/Filson 256 every damned weekday and yet I absolutely didn't think at...
 Make sure you get in touch when you're in Brisbane - we'll have to meet up for lunch or drinks.
 Agreed. This would be fine - albeit quite generic - without the obnoxious branding. Interestingly, Gerald Genta apparently designed the watch (or a predecessor model) and decided on the branding around the bezel as it reminded him of a Roman coin with the emperor's name around the perimeter of the coin:   The new Octo Finissimo Tourbillon, on the other hand, really appeals to me. The thinnest production tourbillon in the world, apparently, and the design strikes me as...
^ Looks like a decent cross between utilitarian and interesting/creative architecture, without being too ridiculous or outlandish (cf most of Hadid's recent designs).   What's on the site at present?
^ Matt, Congrats on the new camera and the upcoming trip to Iran - it's a fantastic place, people are very friendly, and you should have a fantastic time. I look forward to seeing some photos of it on your Tumblr in the future.
Certainly agree with some of the watches on Mimo's list are not desirable, but I agree that Breitling has a couple of decent models, although quite a lot of their modern stuff is a bit too "blingy" or full of showy details.   Bulgari's has had some awful monstrosities, but their new line-up seems to be quite a significant improvement.   As an example, this is waaay out of my price-range, but the design is nice and it seems technically...
As Chogall said, RTW fit should not be compared with bespoke fit - with a bespoke shoe, you are getting a shoe that is made specifically to fit your foot. With a RTW shoe, you are getting a pair of shoes that are made to approximately fit thousands of feet.    Anyway, if you're interested in Cleverley, you could always have a first fitting in London when you're over in Europe, then hopefully have your "try on" fitting in Melbourne in March or whenever they're back in the...
^ Those are interesting - I like the way that they only have the elastic goitre on the inner side of each shoe.
The first shoes that you posted, by Hugo Boss, are hideous. Please don't get them.   The second pair aren't too bad, and they also look as though they have a sole that is stitched on, rather than glued on, which is a good thing in terms of shoe construction.   The last couple of pairs that you've posted look better than the awful Hugo Boss ones, but I'm not sure about quality.   Basically, when looking for a pair of shoes, see if you can get a pair with the...
 http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Tom-Ford/Noir-de-Noir-1822.html http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/fragrance/26125946 General consensus seems to be of chocolate and rose plus other scents.