or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

I suppose that you could say that there have been two attempts by Vass, or by people stocking Vass, to enter the US market.  The first time was back in 2004 or thereabouts and was an effort by SF member AHarris and by another shoe enthusiast, Gabor Halmos. They got Bergdorf Goodman and one or two other places to stock Vass but things seemed to peter out after a year or two and Vass had no presence in the US for many years.  The second time is now, with places like No Man...
I really don't need any more ties. At all. Ever.   However, I just couldn't resist anymore and so I've just ordered the crimson flowers and the brown diamond print ties.
 Agreed. I don't have a ToJ order, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but it's rather sad to see this sort of thing happening once again. There have been a number of small businesses that have gained a lot of customers from SF - and which have built up a lot of good faith amongst SF members - and that have had a really good reputation for customer service, but which have suddenly gone quiet at the same time as products stopped being delivered. Unfortunately, as nature...
 That's crazy talk, on both counts. They'd want to be gold-plated for that amount of money.
 They've got Agyesh's hat in stock, in any case:   http://stoffa.co/pages/product-hats
    I don't have any BB suits, but I have some BB odd jackets (made in the US and Italy), cotton trousers (made somewhere outside the US, I can't remember where) and quite a few ties (all made in New York City). I also used to have an oxford-cloth, button-down collar (OCBD) shirt from BB that was made in the US. It was very nice but rather baggy as it was their regular fit.I've also got a few pairs of Peal & Co for Brooks Brothers shoes, which are made by Crockett & Jones...
 I'm not such a big fan of the collars, either, but I figured that for the equivalent of $30 each in Japan I could accept that shortcoming, especially as I'm not going to wear them with a tie. 
 Yes, you can still use that address.  I've bought a couple of things from Portland St Leather previously and so I e-mailed Gavin (Luk-cha) a while back to ask about getting something else. He wrote back to let me know that he's too busy to run Portland St Leather anymore, so he's given it up for the time being. However, he does have some small leather goods left so if you e-mail him, when he has a chance in a few weeks' time, he might be able to let you know what's left...
Yes, as others have said, go and say "Hi" in the Watch Appreciation Thread here:   http://www.styleforum.net/t/36253/the-watch-appreciation-thread/36795#post_7451013   Also, have a look on Chrono24 - it's a huge watch-selling website that, over the past few years, has become massive. Here's a search for IWC men's watches, but you can narrow it down to various models, new or used, and other search...
 I realise that the writing style is doubtless different, but the plot sounds very similar to some early works by John Irving (The Water Method Man, The 158-Pound Marriage) and John Updike (the "Rabbit" series of novels). Are the "Rosie" books worth purchasing, or is it better to borrow them from the library?