or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Don't know where the name derives from, but it's a credit card that doesn't charge currency conversion fees or international transaction fees, so it's touted as being ideal for travellers: http://www.28degreescard.com.au/
^As far as I'm aware, no-one in Sydney does "flush" metal toe-taps. All you can get are the crescent-shaped metal toe-taps that are nailed on to the sole.   I don't know if they are still offering the service, but Double Monk in Melbourne mentioned a while back that they were able to fit flush metal toe-taps.   However, as nice as they are, I think that it would be a bit excessive for people who don't live in Melbourne to send their shoes down there to have flush...
 I think that your last sentence is the most relevant - Drew Keith and ToJ did not invent these designs. In fashion, there is very little "ownership" or copyright over designs. There is only copyright over certain features of designs, such as a red sole (cf Christian Louboutin shoes) or logos. All Drew did, as far as I'm aware (and I could be wrong here), is to take classic, pre-existing jacket designs, slim them down a bit, and then offer them in a made-to-order format at...
 Ah, if only that was the case. My bus, regrettably, is notoriously unreliable so I must catch as catch can.
 True - we do only live once, and so we all only have one life in which to wear all of the different jackets, suits and pairs of shoes that we acquire!
 If it makes you feel any better at all, I did the same with a pair of C&J Handgrades some years back. I was running for a bus one afternoon, dashing along the edge of the footpath and waving my hand wildly in the air, when I tripped on the edging and quite literally did a somersault from the footpath down onto the road. I staggered to my feet and limped the remaining few metres to the bus, to discover that the driver and about half the passengers had seen me tumble...
  Thank-you, Sir Walter.   "O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!" 
  It's a close-run thing.
Speaking, as we were, about the dire state of discourse in Australian newspapers and on online sites about menswear, here's an execrable article about "Men's denim trends to know for Jeans 4 Genes day": http://www.executivestyle.com.au/mens-denim-trends-to-know-for-jeans-for-genes-day-gisgqf   
 People don't always have bespoke clothes made because of fit. Often it's because they can have clothing made with particular features, or from particular fabric, that they can't find in off-the-rack clothing.