or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

After having quite a few suits and jackets in lighter fabrics, I'm moving towards heavier fabrics with more open weaves, like a fresco or similar. A friend of mine recently had a couple of suits and a jacket made up in cloth that is fairly heavy but which also has more of an open weave and it looks excellent. The jackets are largely unlined and the porosity of the cloth allows it to breathe but the weight makes it sit very nicely without crumpling.I've got a lightish-navy...
Places like Ring Jacket and Beams in Japan sell quite a bit of lightweight flannel.It's got a nice hand to it and is certainly lighter and cooler than winter flannel. However, I've heard from a couple of friends that it wears quite quickly as it's both light and fuzzy (rather than smooth) so it's not particularly durable - which rather contradicts the main purpose of flannel.If you're only going to wear it occasionally, then I'd say it would be fine, but if it's for a...
I realise that this is somewhat subjective, but I don't think that a button boot and a Norwegian welt and Dainite sole would go very well together. A button boot is an inherently formal boot - perhaps the most formal boot you can obtain - and thus the "rustic", decidedly informal style of the Norwegian welt and rubber sole simply won't match the formal style of the boot.It would be a bit like wearing a dinner jacket with a checked, oxford-cloth shirt with a button-down...
I usually take a UK9 and I took a UK9 in the 348 last. I wouldn't go down a size or even half a size.[Of course, if we're talking US size -v- UK size, then yes, you'd typically go down a size as UK9 = US10 in most measurements.]
I know the feeling!
Luke, you could be pleasantly surprised.Rene was just telling me yesterday that he's got some new books of jacketing fabric in, too. You should e-mail him to have a chat about pricing and options - as I say, you may well be surprised and Rene is very good at trying to arranging things and giving people options so that you can get what you want at a reasonable price.
I really don't see how *anyone* could read the sentence "guaranteed damage free shipping to US and Canada" as stating anything other than that the company guarantees that your furniture will not be damaged during shipment (ie it will be free of damage).It is clearly not saying that shipping is free. The only way in which it could be read that way, is if the sentence was interpreted to mean that damage is guaranteed, and that shipping is free, which is clearly...
Looking good, TBM - although I'm sure that your glasses frames are larger every time I see a photo of you!I just got back from four days beside the Noosa River, bumming around in polo shirts, chino shorts and deck shoes or Birkenstocks (well, at least they're better than Crocs, I mumble apologetically...). Had some great seafood, poked around some small coastal hinterland towns, and generally had a pleasantly relaxing time. The kids were so tired from all the running...
I know that it's no secret that a lot of the neat printed silk ties made in both the UK and Italy use silk from the same manufacturers, but I thought it worth pointing out that I've got Marinella ties made from precisely the same silk used in the burgundy and the navy ties above. Both ties are fantastic and I've no doubt that HC's ties are just as good, for far less money. Sensational value, especially with the 10% discount for SF members.Jason - I really like your "in...
Beautiful, Ed. Are Panta shirts made in the US like your other things?