or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Automatic, as opposed to the traditional, manual wind movement. If that's the one that Blaugrana is talking about, it certainly is, as Joenobody0 notes, quite unloved (at least amongst watch enthusiasts).
  As far as I'm aware, it can be caused by various things, some of which are inter-related: - Jacket being too tight across the back of the shoulders;- Too tight across the top of the shoulders;- An erect stature;- Square shoulders (similar to erect stature); or - A short back balance. Generally, tailors will try to rectify the horizontal wrinkle below the collar by taking up the excess cloth in the wrinkle and putting it under the collar.
^Very good and useful post, particularly for larger people (such as myself), mimo!
 Perhaps I was a bit too harsh in my post, but the point that I was making is that, although flush toe-taps do look nicer than the crescent-shaped ones, they don't serve any greater practical purpose over and above the crescent-shaped ones, and what's more, no-one else will see them. So while they might look nicer, you're the only person that will see them or notice them. Whether that's worth paying $100 and having the hassle of posting your shoes somewhere, as opposed to...
 There are a couple of hubs for second-hand, or vintage, clothing in Tokyo (apart from flea markets) - one is Harajuku and the other is Shimokitazawa, or "Shimokita", as it's often called. Shimokita has quite a village feel, with a more laid-back atmosphere than much of Tokyo. It has quite a few vintage clothing stores, plus some vintage record/CD stores, too. A few that I remember are "Ragla Magla", "Don Don Down" (which is part of a chain of vintage clothing stores),...
  Hopefully that's a joke and no-one would actually, ever, in real life, send their shoes from one city to another so as to have flush toe-taps fitted. As I mentioned just a few posts back: 
Interesting story from The Guardian on Sir Montague Burton (born Meshe Osinky in Latvia in the late 19th century), who at one time owned the largest maker of bespoke and made-to-order clothing in the world. Pretty much every man in Britain owned a Burton suit at one time or another.    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/16/montague-burton-lithuanian-jew-transformed-british-men-burtons-clothing?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-3
 I didn't know that Double Monk had found a cobbler in Melbourne who would do it.  I haven't heard of anyone in Sydney who will fit flush toe-taps, and I'm pretty sure that other Sydney members here have asked around on several occasions. Most cobblers are reluctant to install flush toe-taps on shoes as it involves skiving a bit of the leather off the bottom of the sole and then screwing the toe-taps in and so, as a result, I haven't heard of any cobblers who are willing...
It looks as though Robert Daskal passed away in 2003:   http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-09-10/news/0309100286_1_ties-chicago-bulls-coach-gear   However, it also appears that the "Robert Daskal Group" continued to trade after Daskal's passing, although I'm not sure if they are still making hand-painted silk ties.
 Sorry - yes, you are correct. Carry-on luggage is included in the cheap fare but if you wish to check in luggage (20kg per person), you'll have to pay an extra $90 each way, which also includes food, Qantas FF points and a few other things.