or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

So your cranky, outspoken internet persona is just an act, then?
 Absolutely - although I suspect that you mean "pish posh"!  I do have one friend who works for a large, old law firm who was told by an elderly partner that one should never, ever wear brown shoes with a suit. Thankfully, my friend was wearing black shoes at the time.  Apart from that, though, I really think that 99% of places would be fine with you wearing dark brown or burgundy shoes to work.  If you turn up wearing mid-to-light brown double monks and an RAF blue suit,...
I like the swelled edges, but not the swelled head in the background.
 I certainly agree with the last paragraph. Some British people - still looking backwards and living on past glories - quite reasonably resented what they saw as rule by "faceless Euro bureaucrats" and voted accordingly.    Here's a celebratory article from the UK Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/this-was-the-day-the-british-people-defied-their-jailers/ "What happens now? We drink. We be happy. We sing a song. Then we piece back the country and get on...
 The biggest flaw in the "Leave" campaign is that the Britain that many of the "Leave" people seem to want back, had already disappeared long before Britain ever joined the EU.  They're welcome to try autarky but the closest that they've had to that in the past several hundred years was during WWII and, as my dad could attest, life was pretty miserable at that time.  As someone else pointed out, the UK had the best of both worlds - it had easy access to the EU markets but...
  That jacket looks very nice, Gerry. Very nice combination in that outfit, too. 
Institchu may have improved - I don't know.   What I do know, though, is that some of my younger colleagues ordered suits from them a couple of years back and they were, without exception, awful.    Poorly fitting - either too large or too small - and the fabric and construction was very ordinary, too.    Of course, any MTO or even bespoke offering contains an element of risk - it can take a couple of commissions to really get the fit right. However, unless you...
  Lovely watch, and tasty-looking char kway teow, too!  Were you catching up with one of the "Sydney Tarts"?
 I'm honestly quite amazed that Archie seems to be known around the globe.  Coincidentally, Archie (not his real name, obviously) and I went to the same school, although he was a couple of years ahead of me. He was somewhat eccentric back then, too.  I had no idea that he had created an internet persona until I was reading a local news article about a lady who bought a LV bag from a duty free store and who considered that it was fake and so she took it to Archie for his...
  I suspect that this chap wanted to look different - and boy, did he succeed in that respect.