or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Amen, brother!
 +1 to the above. In the past, I've had a couple of pairs of Herringbone trousers converted to side tabs by using the off-cuts left over from taking up the trousers. Thankfully, my tailor found it easy to get hold of some buckles for the side tab adjusters.
 [Oli] RM Williams. [/Oli] Seriously, though, pretty much the only jeans that I wear nowadays are Uniqlo. I really like their Japanese selvedge denim jeans and if the cut works for you, they're pretty hard to beat (in my humble opinion). Unfortunately, whilst the cloth is woven in Japan, the jeans aren't made in Japan anymore.  GF, it's entirely possible that LE have changed the cloth and construction of their polo shirts over the past few years, but that's nothing like my...
 I've been wearing LE polos for the past few years and they've been fine. They advertise them as having a "non-curl" collar but this is not entirely correct - they don't tend to curl up at the edges at first but after quite a few rounds through the washing machine they do start to curl up when worn. I've been wearing a navy polo shirt from LE for the past four or five years and, although faded and a bit stretched, it's still going strong. Another candidate is Uniqlo. I've...
 What are your shoes lined with - linen (fabric) or leather? I've known fabric-lined shoes to wear through fairly easily at pressure points (such as where the little toe sometimes presses against the side of the shoe) and, of course, once the lining is worn through then the leather upper can start to wear and even crack or split at that point, given time. However, I haven't known of any leather-lined shoes that have done that although it's obviously possible, given enough...
 Yes, it was like that for me in both Chrome and Safari yesterday but now (morning Australian time) it's back to normal.
  These are absolutely excellent but a quick Google search seems to show that they'll only be available from "NIKE Lab" stores in about six locations around the world. Aaaaagh! Damn you, Nike!
 Agreed - I've got quite a few Borrelli and Inglese shirts with very similar cuffs that open (or "hinge") out from the button and which easily accommodate an Omega Speedy Pro or a vintage Heuer chrono under the cuff.
Yeah, I do find it difficult to understand why so many posters in that thread seem to be on the side of the police.    Sure, the young man may have stolen some cigarillos, and he may even have acted unwisely towards a police officer - but shooting an unarmed shoplifter dead seems totally disproportionate to the scale of the offences. Despite that, there are a number of comments there about how he was a thug, and good riddance to him, and he brought it on himself and so...