Posts by Journeyman

I really hope that all of that glass is double-glazed, because otherwise it will be absolutely freezing in there in winter - especially since it's apparently a ski cabin.
 Please don't iron your ties.  Even if you iron them "very lightly", you could still flatten them and remove the three-dimensional springiness that a good tie should have. 
 Frances McDormand was great in that role. 
 Is "The Mechanic" a remake of the Charles Bronson movie from (I think) back in the 1970s? I'll have to check it out. I sometimes think of re-watching Fargo because it's such a good movie but, as you say, it's also so depressing. 
A coastal house in tropical northern Australia:                  
 They're all great.  Some are a bit more grown-up than others - Princess Mononoke isn't for kids, for example.  My favourites are Tonari no Totoro (My neighbour Totoro), Kurenai no Buta (Porco Rosso), Majo no Takyuubin (Kiki's Delivery Service), Laputa (Castle in the Sky), Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds) and Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away). The latter is probably the very best, but they are all great.  All of the above were...
  SMP usually means Seamaster Professional, rather than Speedmaster (which most people call a "Speedy" or "Speedy Pro").  MD, didn't you just buy a couple of pretty expensive watches in pretty quick succession?  I know that this is subjective but, if I were you, I'd hold off on buying any more watches for a while. After all, not only are they an expensive habit to have, but in a functional sense, they're pointless nowadays - they're a luxury item. As they're a luxury item,...
 I could be wrong, but I think that it is a sort of crown cover, or crown cap, rather than the crown itself. You unscrew the cap/cover to get to the crown and, so you don't lose the cap, it's attached to the watch case by the little chain link. 
 Apsley Cherry-Garrard's "The Worst Journey in the World".  Amazing book - really quite incredible to think of people voluntarily undergoing such privation. Well worth a read. How are you getting there? Via Sth America? If so, you could always read "In Patagonia" and "The Old Patagonian Express" (although Loner Matt didn't enjoy Chatwin's In Patagonia). 
 Absolutely.  Some of their models are not to my taste, such as the "Bulgari Bulgari", even though it was designed by Genta. Bulgari do make some really great, and technically impressive watches. The Octo Finissimo, particularly the Finissimo Tourbillon and Minute Repeater models, are really, really, really good - and they look nice, too. However, I think that Bulgari definitely does suffer from being perceived as a "fashion" watch company, rather than a serious...