or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

^Yes, me too.   There's been a few comments about it in the "Site topics" thread but I'm not sure what's happening or what's causing it.   When I'm using Chrome as a browser, I find that it really slows down after a while and then I often get a "Flash has crashed" message. Once I click on the message and tell Flash not to re-start, it's usually fine.
 Interesting - I didn't know that there was an umbrella-maker in Brisbane (well, just north of Brisbane). I did a quick search and found this ABC story on Alicia Mora-Hyde and her umbrellas - it includes some nice photos and other details: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-24/australias-last-umbrella-maker/6800924
 Coincidentally (or perhaps not!), he lived in Paisley Park.
You could always just buy an original Tudor "Big Block" chrono in very good condition. They were made until the mid-1990s, I think, and you see quite a few around in pretty much mint condition for US$4000 to $5000.   Edited to add: The Tudor chrono is powered by a Valjoux 7750 movement, too, so it's reliable and spare parts are easily available.
 As far as I'm aware, you can still order RMW boots through places like Nungar Trading Co for $365 a pair. I suppose that they may have to increase their prices in line with official price increases in the future, although that remains to be seen. Also as far as I'm aware, you can also still place MTO, or special, orders via Nungar. Give them a call or send them an e-mail to find out.
 One of my colleagues gets his hair cut by an old Italian guy for $12. The only problem is that he lives about an hour's drive north of Brisbane, so I'm not going to travel that far for a haircut!
I'm thinking of going to a hipster barber shop today for haircut. The place appears to be full of tattooed men with Ned Kelly beards, but the haircuts are actually quite reasonably priced ($32 in the CBD for a haircut with a hot towel and cut-throat razor trim on the back of the neck).   I'll let you know if I start riding a fixie and talking endlessly about craft beers and unknown, local bands.
Looks fine. You look as though you've overcome the primary problem that a lot of people encounter, which is not making the bow tight enough, so that the bow tie falls away from the collar band.   I'd probably pull the ends just little tighter so as to get a bit more dimpling around the knot, as I like dimples on ties, but that's subjective.
 Most of them will show up on Google searches or via Google maps, especially if you do a search for the name + "Tokyo" or "Japan" or "recycle" or "second-hand" or something along those lines. I don't know if Jumble/Second Street has any inner city locations - I've seen one or two of their stores in suburban Tokyo, but not in the inner city areas like Shinjuku/Harajuku/Shibuya etc. Ragtag is also a chain of "recycle shops", and it has stores in Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku,...
Am I reading the sole correctly and are those Romano Martegani wingtip boots a size 8?   I'm hoping that I've made a mistake and that they're actually a UK9/US10, but unfortunately I doubt it...