or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Does anyone here with white gold watches have experience with the rhodium plating on the white gold wearing off over time?    I don't have any white gold jewellery or watches, as I prefer stainless steel or platinum, but I have heard from others that the rhodium plating that gives white gold its shine can wear off over time and that WG jewellery can need to be re-plated as a consequence. Of course, I'd guess that this happens more with rings, rather than watches, but it...
 Unless they're much too long, if your shirt has button cuffs, it would be better to just move the buttons so that the cuffs are a bit tighter around your wrists.  It can be done, but be careful of where you go. A good place should shorten from the cuff, and this means detaching the gauntlet and cuff, shortening the sleeve, re-setting the pleats and re-cutting the slit for the gauntlet and then re-stitching it all together again. 
 +1. I don't understand why it has the overstated Roman numerals around the rest of the dial, and then a large marker at 9 o'clock instead. Yes, I realise that it's no doubt there because there's no 3 o'clock on the other side because of the date, but to me, it still looks really out of place and unbalanced. 
I agree with Lachy - I definitely prefer undarted shirts and, if at all possible, a well-fitting shirt should be cut with curved side seams and with less fabric for the back than the front and so on. 
 Yes, I saw a link to that the other day. That is creepy!
 Absolutely - spend away!  Even better - buy two pairs at once, to get double the approval. 
^ I suppose that it makes perfect business sense for the Rake to swap articles between the English and Japanese editions. Obviously, it can take a little time to properly translate and format articles that were originally in English, so let's hope that the English version of the Rake will also see some translated versions of the Japanese articles in the next edition or two. 
^ How cold is it in Syria at the moment? 
 Well, that's not quite true, as "fast fashion" is usually used to refer to clothes that are very "of the moment" and that you wear for one season and then throw away and that usually doesn't apply to OCBD shirts. However, I'm sorry, as I could have phrased my post better. What I meant to say, was that I don't necessarily think that Uniqlo is fast fashion because they make some "classic" staples such as plain polo shirts, OCBD shirts and jeans that stand the test of time...
 I wouldn't call them fast fashion - I'm still wearing stuff from Uniqlo that I got 9-10 years ago, including a couple of OCBDs that have been washed so many times and are so soft that you could wear them as pyjamas.