or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

This might be an obvious point but don't forget that just because the card has a high limit, that doesn't mean that you have to use it up to that limit. You can also pay off the balance by the due date to avoid interest fees etc.
  DB, the Sutor Mantellassi chukkas look nice. Well done.  I'd just slap a bit of RM Williams leather conditioner on them and leave it at that for the time being. They look quite casual, so they're not the type of shoes that you'd want to give a high shine so I wouldn't worry about polishing them up.  With regard to alterations, I've heard that George at Richards & Richards (now located in the James St precinct near the Valley) is currently able to do external alterations...
 I'm pretty sure that you can purchase that exact model from Carmina's online store. Depending on your size, they've got it on sale, too: Not on sale: http://www.shop.carminashoemaker.com/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640211 On sale for very small and large sizes only: http://www.shop.carminashoemaker.com/articulo.asp?idarticulo=5308993
    Aren't they one and the same?
^Shirt looks very nice and the collar sits very nicely, too.
 If there's one thing the Pistorius verdict shows, it's that it's OK to shoot an unarmed person if you're legless. 
 True, as you can quite properly "sing the praises" of someone, as an example. It does sound a bit antiquated though, and I'd instead tend to say that the overcoat "received much praise" instead of "many praises". 

I think that it's partially for the aesthetic appearance, as it does look nice and has a lovely roll, and it's partially for the simple fact of having a shirt with a very light, one-piece collar.  It's rather like a fully canvassed jacket, or hand-stitching on clothing, or a seven-fold tie - it's not a detail that other people will really notice but it's nice for you to know that you're wearing something like that. 
Since you were 8? Whew - I'm sorry to hear that, Oli.   Whilst I suppose that it's good that days like RUOK raise awareness of depression, it also seems to be a very trite response to things and a very superficial look at what can be an extremely serious issue.   As you say, depression can be very serious and very long-lasting and dealing with it is not a simple matter of asking "Are you OK?" and telling someone to buck up and to hang in there. It is unfortunate, but I...