or Connect

Posts by Journeyman

Definitely go vintage/second-hand.  If you look around, you'll find quite a few good-quality, vintage watches from the 1950s and 1960s by Omega, Hamilton, Bulova, Tissot and various other decent makers around that price, and probably lower.  Rose gold might be more difficult, as yellow gold was more commonly used back then. Also, the watches will most likely be "gold capped", meaning that the case is steel with a thin layer of gold wrapped around it - apparently more gold...
 Quote: Quote: I'd be interested in hearing more about it if you're happy to share further info, as it sounds interesting - two of the more colourful characters of the late 20th century in a tent together. Edited to add - Are you the guy with the moustache in the background? 
 Hospitality staff?
 Give Nungar a call and have a chat with them. As far as I'm aware, the price of $365 for a pair of boots is still current but I don't know what they have in stock at the moment.
  Traditional Paisley attire:  
 Nungar Trading Post is selling the kangaroo Craftsman, as well as plenty of other varieties of RMW boots, for $365. They don't seem to require any extra payment for MTO boots, either. http://www.nungar.com.au/catalog/index.php/cPath/48_49
^ Nice photo, HC, and the tie goes very well with the jacket and shirt.   I don't know about Canberra, but it's certainly too hot to be wearing that Herringbone, herringbone-weave jacket up here in Brisbane today!
 Or wurger: http://www.styleforum.net/t/21179/rm-williams-boots-everything-you-wanted-to-know/4245#post_7996875  Edited to add: Damnit! Beaten to the punch by PoP! Oh, the ignominy!
 Some very good/useful links in the above list - thank you very much.
 If my memory serves me correctly, based on some of Cox's posts and pictures when he first joined SF, I think that he may have gone through an expensive watch phase some years back but then mostly got it out of his system before then moving on to clothing and shoes!